• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New lightsaber source

Keltten

As i research my revan. I found this.

Revan-370x522.jpg

http://www.nocturnearmory.com/moviesabers2.html

Im trying to find price now. But aparently like ultrasaber they can come with and without sound card. But the hilt is still wrong.

Idk if anyone found anything closer but from what i seen this is way better than the liberatorv3.

The thing with lightsabers is it doesn't matyer if it is exact. As long as it looks close you are good to go!

Yup and from what ive seen this is pretty dang close.

The other one i was told or read about is below.

1.jpg

so compairing the two. The one i posted about in the topic is a few levels closer. Still waiting on the inquiry on price (as no price is listed and you have to contact them to find out!!) I like the ultra as i am a college student. So cheaper is better but if its close enough. Might be worth it. But for people also looking i thought i might update people!

For parts and labor, that's not entirely unreasonable. I'm curious what their turnaround would be. I've been waiting a year and a half for a saber from a vendor and will have paid a decent bit more than that. Sadly locked in because of a deposit.

Different time, different place, I'd hit them up for some work.

I sent in an email yesterday morning, asking the cost with LED/blade and also what he charges for adding various sound boards. If I get more info I'll post it here. Good to know the base price is fairly reasonable.

Crystal Focus, fyi, is the Lamborghini of sound boards, I had a quote on a Revan saber from a guy who would do one for a grand. There's a wait-list for crafters to even get the sound boards. But if you have one, your lightsaber can do all the sounds, play the Imperial March, and even take you to the Danger Zone if you wanted. They're insanely cool, but priced accordingly.

I didn't take the offer, but it woulda been cool.

The thing with lightsabers is it doesn't matyer if it is exact. As long as it looks close you are good to go!

Yup and from what ive seen this is pretty dang close.

The other one i was told or read about is below.

1.jpg

so compairing the two. The one i posted about in the topic is a few levels closer. Still waiting on the inquiry on price (as no price is listed and you have to contact them to find out!!) I like the ultra as i am a college student. So cheaper is better but if its close enough. Might be worth it. But for people also looking i thought i might update people!

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z- ... hockle.htm

I was planning on using the Liberator Hilt with this emitter. seeing as most references have a "bronze" emitter...

What do you guys think? Total cost would be about $400 max with shipping and handling.

:saber::saber:

Yep I got that saber for my revan .. from nocturnearmory

its very good .. I only go the no sound option as i dont really need sound when trooping. It only drains the battery

and when you get that perfect trooping moment and some one asks you picture you then turn your saber to find out do to the sound you ran out of juice .. without the sound i get a full troop without runing out of power

but thats me

It has been over 2 years since I initially placed my order with Calvary Custom Sabers, but this is what was built for me, the nice thing is that if you wanted to build something similar, all parts are available on TheCustomSaberShop.com

I'm not pushing this over any particular other option out there, but it was what I had done. The blade holder was designed specific for my order but they liked it enough it is now a readily available item in their inventory now.

As you guys know I had 4 sabers made by a work colleague as a one off and they were very expensive. There are images in various threads but this one shows it best.

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3001

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2718

I've been negotiating a run of these with a machinist and he is in the process of pricing up the materials. I'm hoping to offer a limited run of them once we finalise an affordable price.

They will come without sound or electronics as I believe that they are a personal choice and there are too many solutions out there for me to pick something everyone would want. I'll offer then unfinished or painted too as it then gives you a choice of how you want it done.

I'll post up an interest thread once I get a price for manufacture. Timeframe is uncertain right now but it's taken me two years to get this far!!!