• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

SWW Motorcade 2014 - NO EU CHARACTERS?!

LadyEnyo

I am only a hopeful member for the 501st and the Flagship Eclipse attachment.... so I had to hear this by word of mouth since it was posted on the 501st members only forum.

They are not allowing certain EU characters to march in the Star Wars Weekends Motorcade this year!

Is the word spreading here too?!?! Is there a list of taboo characters?

Has this information been disseminated to FE - EU card carrying members? Right now us hopeful members are having to hear it by word of mouth :aarg:

Good evening,

The selection of characters wanted at Disney Star Wars Weekends is subject to the discretion of the Park Staff and Executives. I have heard examples of Executives confused by Red Stormtroopers. To add to this confusion, much of the 501st membership cannot explain where a Red Stormtrooper comes from and simply responds that they are Magma Troopers. The Disney executives in turn believe that is too much to explain to their park guests during a parade. It is their event and so they call the shots.

1913444_10152406858759623_288884726_o.jpg

(Red Stormtroopers have only ever been identified as Dark Lady Lumiya’s personal Royal Guardsmen, in Royal Combat Uniform.)

Lumiya-Dark_Star_attack.jpg

There is no definitive list of characters approved or disapproved for this one high profile event. The general rule is that Disney provides face characters though. And yes, many of The Flagship Eclipse characters happen to be face characters.

If you are considering join the 501st Legion to participate in this one event, I recommend a Stormtrooper Costume, preferably not the FX build as the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment looks down upon that kit. Or, try for a job a Disney working as staff for Star Wars Weekend.

If however, your interest is in achieving costuming excellence for your favourite Expanded Universe Villain, do it. Just do it for yourself. 501st membership and high profile events are never guaranteed. But awesome memories and valuable experience is almost assured.

Be well,

Thomas

As our leader has said "It's up to the mouse". That said at the moment CS is dealing with a cut in the size of the parades to 150 marchers (down from 200) as the mouse has said they were to long and an increasing number of members applying to march. Disney is also requesting more screen seen characters. At the moment all EU costumes are on hold (not just the ones from Flagship). If you are interested in SWW I suggest you sign on to the Florida boards so you can keep up with current info.