• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Darth Talon Project

femtrooper_julie

Thanks all! I really appreciate it! I am also agree, I really love to get the details right, and Talon is an iconic look. I do not want to do it wrong!

I am not an expert at sewing :) I am not sure what happened, but I measured my bands to be the same as the bra, and when I sewed it up, the total length was longer by almost one band! I do agree, the bottom one is too low, and I think I will either take it all apart and just narrow each band, or redo completely....I really like th elook of the sewn bands if I can get the measurements right. I am closer...I think I can do it!

So look for version #3 quite soon!

I do like the "V" look better. she definitely has many variations on the style from frame to frame, and I do concur that the U shape seems to be the most often seen though. For now, the CRL allows either V or U, so I will take the V.

Good catch on the hand bands! I do have a pair. I should have put them on. I also still need to weather it up. I'll make sure to include them next time :)

My favorite style is like this:

01.jpg

When you look at this one, it looks very "cupped" instead of the band style, the bands are not equal width at all.

31.jpg

That one is banded, but has the deep V

Then here she is totally squared off:

11.jpg

that is the whole issue with comic book characters summarized:

3 pictures, 3 artists, 3 very different interpretations.

go for whatever looks/feels best

Ok, took it all apart, thinned the bands, and sewed it again. This is more what I wanted. The leather matches the size of the strapless bra underneath :) It was late, so I did not put on the whole gear, but here is my top:

IMG_1608_zpsxmzh0jci.jpg

IMG_1607_zpsaf2vmdrc.jpg

IMG_1605_zpsrm5xsexw.jpg

IMG_1609_zpsjfdnujks.jpg

IMG_1606_zpsfdk8bfa0.jpg

IMG_1604_zpsyz7sjc8c.jpg

IMG_1611_zpsi9eubyfj.jpg

Ok! I finished and gave it my first run at Celebration! What an amazing time! This is real creations red #2, airbrushed on. It was a perfect match for the Lekku in my opinion. My trooper team was so nice to paint me! We did cut it close on time, and had to rush a bit, and this was all freehand. I need to work on the stencils technique for the future.

Any feedback is welcome!

Here are some behind the scenes:DSCN2407_zpsio0mhfud.jpg

DSCN2404_zps7hdtdoaj.jpg

DSCN2403_zpsucrogy2m.jpg

DSCN2529_zpsyasyazdi.jpg

DSCN2496_zpsw6ucxid5.jpg

DSCN2451_zpsqeeacu5l.jpg

I realize after I mve the bottom, it was to high, the belt area needs to show skin. My first photos have it correct :) I also did not get the lekku all the way down on my ears. Any tips are welcome!

Everyone is still getting back from Celebration. I think I'd like to try and put a finish bead on the bra top. I may take it into a shop for that. I also banged the thighs up a bit, and shipping in the suitcase was not good for the paint, so will repaint :)

I need a way to make stencils, the paint took way too long :)

Any thoughts? I submitted to all groups already :)

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

And I thought I had it tough with just a bald cap and painting my head.  Wowza.  I can only imagine how much that cost you for all the ink.  I also use Reel Creations, but on 1/10 the surface area that you do...

Outstanding work on the costume. I can only imagine how long all of the body painting took just to get it ready. Having a thought to that end have you considered a body suit with the tattoos printed on it that you'll be able to rock the costume more often?

Good evening,

I have shared your post with
The Flagship Eclipse on Facebook as an example journey into becoming Darth Talon.

Thank you for sharing your work and experience.

Be well,
Thomas