• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Darth Talon Project

femtrooper_julie

I am just getting started on my Darth Talon project, I have been researching for a bit, but I am about to order Lekku, and have contacted a leather worker and armor maker here in Tennessee to work on those pieces. We are meeting at a convention this weekend for measurements.

I have my contacts, I will post photos later!

I am look at boots, I am very short, only 4'11" (150cm since I know many of you are international!) , so I might be lucky with the boots, things tend to be long on me.

I was looking at these boots, sort of expensive, but looked really nice I thought. Any input?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271257312048?va ... 924wt_1174]

Welcome to the hell! (this costume is a pain!)

and seriously, you welcome, we'll help we can :)

these boots are not high enough, have to get to the thigh. Unless you want to lengthen by sewing or gluing something.

I thought about stockings imitation leather aspect could become a boots Talon, and would be very cheap. Surely

can find in erotic shops, would be faster but more expensive

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wholesal ... 89265.html

encouragement!!

I have found my boots I believe. They are 27.5", and on my small size, they are very close to the thigh high length needed, but I may extend just a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GR ... UTF8&psc=1

I also have ordered gloves and an air compressor :)

All of the Talon fans must be hibernating :)

Gloves are on order now. My air compressor is here. I think I am going to try the liquid latex and pro-aid method for the body tattoos.

These are my gloves. I am very short, 50cm is all the way up my arm :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221614040726?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I was a bit scared of having say that these gloves are short, but I just read that for "short" arm is sufficient, *relieved sigh*

If all goes well we will have another Darth Talon in 2015 !! continues like this :D

YAY! I heard my Lekku has started!

I am lucky to have some good trooper minions (all sith have minions!) And they were nice enough to help me get started making armor.

We bought a sheet of 16ga aluminium at Lowes. made some patterns on graph paper and cut out with a jig saw and a metal cutting blade.

I drilled holes for each rivet location just to help center them. I glued black furniture nails in, and then cut the nail off flush.

I tried to beat and scratch the armor heavy before paint, but it did not show as well as I liked. I used a gun metal grey from a GM car.

I will work on making the straps next. I may use heavy snaps to put them on, I never trust velcro much, but velcro would prob work OK here too..

I bought leather today for the bra top. My plan is to make straps and use a padded bra under for support and security.

I also have a saber from ultra sabers that I think I can convert.

Here is my progress so far:

darthtalon02_zpsc0c25679.jpg

darthtalon03_zps19020036.jpg

darthtalon05_zps3678fbff.jpg

darthtalon04_zps2b0f9b0a.jpg

darthtalon06_zpsc3413bf3.jpg

darthtalon07_zpsa99e1dec.jpg

darthtalon12_zps873d2841.jpg

darthtalon14_zps57dbe6c5.jpg

I was going to order paint today, How does Red 2 look here?

https://www.reelcreations.com/products/ ... t_inks.asp

I was more happy with the armor when the paint fully cured, you can see the damage under. I did not want so much of the shiny silver slash marks like some talons have, more of an old warrior look. I will do a black wash on top to give the damage more definition, but I want it dark and old looking :)

Thanks all! I'll be making the bands this weekend, scoring the belt lines in, and working on the top. I have my gloves, I did order two pairs. 50cm was a bit short. 55cm (22 inches) was just right for me.

It is coming along :)

Sewed my top...It is close...After I tried it on, I need to rework it. I build it on a padded bra I cut the straps off, and it does not have enough support. I need one more "cupped", and possibly close the "V" to more of a "U" shape.

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2015_zpspiigriki.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2016_zpsyt2xmbve.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2017_zpslpor0z4n.jpg

The lenses look pretty good:

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2020_zpszwcjmlvu.jpg

First test fit of the armor:

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2047_zpsgz7knj88.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2050_zpsd1koy5dv.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2045_zps0z7hxll2.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2033_zpsnaa6jlkl.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2031_zpsx7dxj3ck.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2029_zpsh1flu2lm.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2028_zpsmups888a.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2027_zpsrsjj232w.jpg

Darth%20Talon%20Build%20-%2025_zpsrpwpibdk.jpg]

I'll adjust the top, and dirty the armor a bit, but for first time wearing it, I am happy so far with the progress!

Looking great Julie. Cant wait to see it when its done! Talon has always been a favorite of mine. And i must confess im I fan of.yours. Some of you more well know troopers inspire me. Keep up the great work, cant wait to see more progress.

Not that I'm a Talon expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like the new version of the top much better. I prefer the addition coverage this one has. The only thing I'm wondering about is that the bottom is thicker, like a long-line bra, and I'm just wondering if it might be a bit too thick?

normal_Talon_287629.jpg

The CRL for Talon doesn't have any reference pics, so I'm not sure. Maybe the DL can provide some insight?

Ok. overall, I love the look of what you have done so far.

Now it comes down to nitpicking. Mind you, I am all for ultra screen accurate. I am a Centurion TK, myself, meaning that my armor is 100% screen accurate. But how screen accurate can you go from a comic book character? Let's try this:

- The eyecatcher: the bra. really like the much improved version. when I looked at the comic pictures I noticed that the cleavage is U shaped rather then V shaped. (and then not even U but really square)

as can be seen here:

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http ... CQQMygCMAI

the armor looks accurate.

Only thing I would like to see is that you upgrade the gloves. As in the above referenced picture, you can see that there are two leather(?) bands across Talon's gloves. one across the palm and one across the thumb. that shoul be a small thing to so, but it will add in the depth of the costume (not likely anyone will look at your palm, being a fiery red Sith!

other then that... I think you are ready for the paint job!

Hello Femtrooper

I also see the bra as a top-shirt, need to make straps not as thick (the number 4 is out of the chest and is in the torso). instead of sewing pieces maybe you need to use the method of shaping leather with water

roguewedge, the straps in the hands They were inserted into the CRL as part of the armor are the:

Hand Strap

For 501st approval:

A metallic strap encircles the hand, going between the thumb and index finger, and crossing the palm and back of the hand.

The strap is approximately 2 cm wide.