• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lightsaber: Hilt & Blade color

Guest Cleverlilminx

Guest Anonymous

Hey Jason,

yeah that?s much better than the one I have. Did you also installed sound and a working blade? Here is the one I have:

CIMG2503.jpg

BTW I also liked what you did with your gauntlets you repainted them right? I have the same set but mine have defenetly another color.

Also the fasteners you did are looking very nice woiuld you be able to do another set for a german IK?

Greetings Guido

Guest Anonymous

Yep, I turned it out in three pieces; main body/pommel in aluminum, insert in Delrin and then put in all the electronics needed to make it a "working" saber (soundboard/driver/speaker/ recharge port).

You're right on the paint for the gauntlets, I had to re-work the entire set of armor, when I got it there was some "gator skin" on one of the pieces and required some re-finishing, so I cleaned it all up and repainted everything with Krylon fusion safety red and few coats of clear gloss. The fusion stuff is hit and miss in my book depending on the color, but this color was great to work with.

The straps on them were my first attempt using a pleather/cording combo; but I wasn't satisfied with the end result so I sculpted new ones to resemble the comic references and am in the process of casting them up, as soon as I get some pulled and finished I'll give a holler as they should fit any of those armor sets.

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Well, these IK threads are VERY quiet!!!

I am currently in the process of creating my own IK, and I decided to start with the lightsaber, since I have some experience here. :wink:

Starting with MHS base parts from TCSS, I made the outer cutout sleeve, and installed a MR sound board, powering a 240 lumen Seoul P4 white led.

I need to do some sanding on the emitter and pommel, to tone down the shine, and more closely match the heavily brushed finish I gave the chrome sink tuber overlay.

IMG_0600_cropped800.jpg

IMG_0602_cropped800.jpg

Guest Anonymous

What is your opinion on "The Rifter" sabre from Ultra sabres. I have one that I plan to dress up a bit. It seemed the most affordable closest looking to an IK that I have found in my most recent searching.

Any one have a better supplier or contact, that will still make them?

250px-Imperial_Knight_lightsaber.jpg

vs;

UK-Rifter-2T.jpg

Ultrasaber's Rifter

If your purpose is to make an accurate prop, I'd say The RIfter's body appears too thin to lathe the neck and butt cap groves. But as a stunt prop, it would work well in a pinch.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest A'Sharad Hett
What is your opinion on "The Rifter" sabre from Ultra sabres. I have one that I plan to dress up a bit. It seemed the most affordable closest looking to an IK that I have found in my most recent searching.

Any one have a better supplier or contact, that will still make them?

I think Wesley of Nocturne Armory can still make them, he makes very good props, but it's not that affordable at all.

Or you can go here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/ and make some tests with The Custom Saber Shop tools, but you will need extra custom work on it :)

I think you'd be able to use the Rifter as a core and with some additional hardware (bigger sink pipe cut away properly and something for the black part) could make it workable. It does look pretty thin, but for the application of using it as a "core" could work to your benefit.

You may be able to get some ideas on how to get the look from Big Yellow Box.

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

I think if you have the patience, you can probably work the Rifter to your advantage. Additionally....if you use sink pipe for the cut-away outer part (part over the black), TCSS sells sink pipe adapters that fit their MHS emitters.

Curious on how strict the CRL may end up being on the saber. I literally just dropped $600 (yeah, I decked it out) on the Archon at SaberForge, in hopes that it's largely plain silver appearance would be acceptable for an Imperial Knight saber. Some artwork I've seen also showed sabers that looked very similar (though I do see that most images are akin to what you have in this thread).

Here's what my saber will look like:

post-1767-0-95838400-1466103464_thumb.jpg

On 6/16/2016 at 1:57 PM, Avatar190 said:

Curious on how strict the CRL may end up being on the saber. I literally just dropped $600 (yeah, I decked it out) on the Archon at SaberForge, in hopes that it's largely plain silver appearance would be acceptable for an Imperial Knight saber. Some artwork I've seen also showed sabers that looked very similar (though I do see that most images are akin to what you have in this thread).

Here's what my saber will look like:

post-1767-0-95838400-1466103464_thumb.jpg

Did the Archon get approved?

I haven't heard of this saber being approved or not approved. The biggest problem for Imperial Knights right now is no one is making the approved Imperial Knight saber hilt anymore that I know of. This one is as close as it gets to my opinion, however close only works in hand grenades so I guess it would be up to your garrisons Membership Officer to make the decision. By looking at it, the blade emitter is really incorrect,  and the hilt has details and such when the IK hilt should be completely smooth with the grip detail area longer and in black power coat.

I happened to run across this one a couple weeks ago, I may have ordered their last one though, since it's showing as "not available" now: https://www.phoenixprops.net/Imperial_Knight_-_No_longer_available/p3896347_18151291.aspx

There is also this one that is pretty close, though not completely correct: https://vadersvault.com/imperial-knight/

On 4/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, KCVader said:

Did the Archon get approved?

I did get approved with my Archon, yes.

I had since had two different options come up, however.  First, I had commissioned an empty Imperial Knight hilt through Ox Works sabers (on Facebook) out of Finland.  It took a long time to get the finished product, but I kept good communication with Janne throughout the process and had no expectations of getting it the following week (which he was quite appreciative of and not accustomed to that sort of reception from customers).  From design, to machining, to painting, and then international shipping, it took about 4 months and about $155 shipped (if memory serves).  I do not know if he's up for doing any more of these however, but I imagine he has his artwork saved so the design is there.

IMG_20180302_720.jpg.709bc8b4522a6e74823b22c8fab0c4ca.jpg

Next option I discovered at our C2E2 convention this past March.  I happened to be walking the con floor, and I saw a saber vendor there and low and behold...an Imperial Knight saber.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I had to ask them if this was an active run, or was it just a display.  It was an active run.  WonderForce Sabers and their Kishi saber.  I bought the model they had available at the show, which was a color changer, with a few different soundfont banks (I believe it's three - I actually haven't bothered to figure it out yet because I don't really care).  There isn't an actual white color in the switch, but the Cool Blue gets close enough to pass for now (they told me that I can plug the saber into the computer and edit the blade colors).  I also bought it with their opaque white blade, so I have a white blade when the saber is off anyway.

This saber is crazy loud too.  It's the loudest saber I've ever heard...you can still hear it during a con.  I had to tape the speaker port during my last hospital troop, because I felt it was too loud for that application.  :p  It uses 18650 batteries, so I bought a bunch of 3500mAh Tenergy batteries, and I'm all set to go non-stop.  Here's a video link to the saber overview, if you want to see it.  The switches are still a bit quirky for me, but I'm definitely happy with it.

20190517_174912.jpg.feb4dc9ecb8b292fa1c93120664e8df9.jpg

Edited by Avatar190

As saberforge just put this saber on their website and it is close to their original silver knight I'm wondering if it would be approvable for the imperial knight.

https://saberforge.com/collections/eco-sabers/products/ranger?fbclid=IwAR1DY85ViAj-nNROcZqcd6QMW6zCIwZp7IFFDhTL0LvrDbh8obBoOM4_o8E&variant=30171171029072