• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lightsaber: Hilt & Blade color

Guest Cleverlilminx

Guest Cleverlilminx

This thread will serve for all discussion about the the complete saber, including hilt style and correct blade color for this series of characters.

At this time, according to the series, issues --0-2, the Imperial Knights all use the same style hilt.

Follow this link to where Jan Duursema, one of the artists who brings SW Legacy to life, to see that the blade color is indeed silver.

http://www.comicscommunity.com/boards/janduursema/?read=7806

If needed, I can get a picture of the saber hilt posted here in a day or so.

Guest Cleverlilminx

Here is a great photo of how the is attached to the belt.

AntaresDraco.jpg

I was surprised to see how they decided to continue with the Old Trilogy way of hanging a saber with a hook and D-Ring instead of the cell phone clip.

Guest Anonymous

I actually think the OT style hook fits in to this era better than the clip type, as it's a continuation from the OT.

This costume is getting alot of interest in the UK, i'm hoping as the comic goes on the knights get a more active role!

Guest Cleverlilminx
Is there any way currently of getting a Silver Blade? Or is it just having the hilt only.

Robert

IC5343

Are you referring to the blade color of an actual saber blade? I would ask around to all the saber makers to be honest.

Guest Anonymous

I've been looking for info on a blade that would work with my latest project, very glad I was pointed to this board, thanks for sharing.

15.JPG

Jason

Guest Anonymous

If you want info on suppliers for luxeons and drivers etc then I can help.

Im due to put together one of these sabres after Ive finished making my dooku. What diameter did you use for your hilt as Im undecided between 1.25" or 1.5" (or maybe somewhere in between) ?

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the offer on the electronics help and for the compliments, I enjoy making the pieces but have no knack for working with any kind of electronics.

Turned it out in my shop last week in between working on some force pikes. For the saber I used 1.5" for the outer shell and went with Derlin at 1.25" for the insert and then aluminum rod at 1.75" for the endcap. I used a .75 derlin knob that I added some diamond knurling to for the activation stud and a brass stand off nut for the "recharge" socket.

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, it took some time and a lot of trial and error but I was able to teach myself how to machine. The one in the pic was for a trade for some other pieces so I'm going to do another this weekend for myself.

Jason

Guest Anonymous

As of now Ultrasabers.com is taking steps to producing the IK saber. It is unknown as of yet how far the progress is..but I can tell you this: Ultra Todd is very very excited about this project... :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Been working on a couple of these myself.

Heres where Im at so far

iksabre_inprogress2.jpg

Still needs a fair bit of work doing to it of course but when finished it will have a MRFX sound board and luxeon led/rechargeable battery pack setup installed. Should have it finished next week so will post more pictures then.

Guest Anonymous
As of now Ultrasabers.com is taking steps to producing the IK saber. It is unknown as of yet how far the progress is..but I can tell you this: Ultra Todd is very very excited about this project... :wink:

:D He's finished it: http://www.ultrasabers.com/dsc.htm

Hehehe as one of the group of crazy Australian's who commissioned this saber, I have to say I'm sooo happy with how it looks (as are the rest of us :D). Ultra Todd has done an amazing job on the saber, it was great to see that he is as excited and enthusiastic about this project as we are! :D Whilst it might not be 100% accurate, I'm really loving the design, it's so sleek and simple! Plus, they're ultrasabers, so they'll be fully ready to duel!! I really can't wait to receive mine :D

We were originally doing a group order of 10, a few people dropped out of the order, so there's only 5 of us now. So there's possibly 5 spare out of the 10 that he's making. So if you want one, better get in quick ;)

Guest Anonymous

Heres where Im at now

iksabreprogress3.jpg

13" long, has the a dring on the back but can also be fitted with a covertec in about 10 seconds. Fully rechargeable powerpack and also fully fight ready. Well it will be as soon as the batteries are charged lol. The power switch is also recessed so theres nothing to get in the way of the grip and you wont accidentally activate or deactivate the sabre.

Ive already got a variety of blades (Corbins, a couple of Ultra's and a home made one too that all fit). Sound is provided by a Maul FX board but the P4 white led is powered from a proper driver to take full advantage of the batteries and led brightness (P4's are rated at 240lm , about twice what a K2 is rated at).

Soon as the batteries are done I'll take some lit up shots.

edit - heres powered up shot

iksabreblade.jpg

I'll probably make another with one of Plector Labs combined sound/lux drivers in when the ver2 is released. Ive already got a v1 and the configurability of everything (sounds, sensitivity etc) due to it all being on a sd card is amazing.

Guest Cleverlilminx

Ok not to change the subject... but would any of you saber builders be interested in building a Nihilus saber?

If so, pm me please. :D

Guest Anonymous

Have you sent an e-mail to doclocustomsabers.com? I can pretty much guarantee that he can build a saber much truer to style (IK or Nihilus) and for about 80-90 for a full led setup. It sure beats the $215 that ultra has on the IK saber on ebay. I'm not saying that Alex doesn't do good work, he does. But for a more affordable saber that would be exactly what you want, Do-Clo would be my choice.

Guest Anonymous

Hi, I actually got a price quote from do-clo custom sabers, and the price for the IK saber is: The saber with led and blade no sound = 175.00 plus s&h

with sound 275.00 plus s&h

Guest Anonymous

Hey all,

so were could I get a IK saber that is accurate to the drawing on page one and would be complete with sound and working blade???

I got one on ebay some month ago but that one is not 1005 accurate and also it?s only the hilt but i would like to have a full saber with sound and blade to go with my suit in march to Jedicon 2008 here in germany.

So any help would be absolutly fantastic.

Greetings Guido