• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Danish Darth Traya WIP

Heavy1973

Hi

Since I got my Visas Marr approved, I´ve been missing something to do, so now I´ve decided to make the Darth Traya costume.

My reason to do so is, that she is also from the EU like the Visas Marr and I like her story + I can use my custom made lightsaber, wenn I get it, to that costume also ;)

So far I´ve gotten the boots, wig and gloves + I´ve just ordered the headpiece too - so next step is, that I´m going to buy the fabric next week.

For the dress I can use the pattern from my Visas Marr innerdress and make the changes like the hood, sleeves and open front along the way.

I also need to buy leather and materials for the belt + a plain black T-shirt...

Hopefully this one will be done in 2 months...

So, small update...

The maker of the headpiece can´t get it done until late june/july, so my 2 months can´t be reached... but since I´m in no hurry and great things takes time, that´s no biggy... ;)

+ I´ve ordered the belt - so I think, that I´ve got it all covered... still need a black shirt with a turtle neck though.

In 2 weeks I´m going to buy the fabric, got pulled back on that because of a broken car, that needed to be fixed... :(

My belt is finished and is on it´s way... the headpiece is also almost ready, so I need to get the last things in order to get everything done now.

It´s been a long wait - but I know, that it is worth it.

My lightsaber will be custom made in october ´14... ;)

So, this week I received both my head piece and my belt from the US... and they are both beautiful and very well made ;)

Sadly I had to go to football camp with my two boys for 3 days, so I didn´t get anything done, but the boys had fun... hopefully I will be able to get the dress and wimple made in a couple of days...

Well, real life got in the way...

But I´m back on track now, got my new boots today, finished the wimple and tomorrow the dress will be finished too (or so I hope)

My lightsaber is being worked on right now, found another vendor since I can´t wait until next year - and I think, that he will make a wonderful and very unik piece ;)

Here is a link for my album on Photobucket with the buld for my Darth Traya - there is a couple of pics with the headpiece.

I´m going to make a snap closure in the back of it - right now, it´s only got a elastic strap. But it´s a hell to get it over my head with the wig on - usually I need to try 2-3 times, before it sits okay.

With a snap I can put it on and close it without problems - so I will encourge you to do the same ;)

I hope that it helps - here is the link : http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/Heidi ... t=6&page=1