• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

DS: Dark Side Legion Designation Discussion

Kylo

I do not have the game "Knights of the Old Republic II", but from all of the reference that I do have access to,

Visas's story begins with the devastation of Katarr and she is immediately taken as the apprentice of Darth Nihilus. I would think that (like Galen) being an apprentice of a Sith Master, by default, places that character within the Sith order.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you mentioned this.

I was going to suggest ... (and of course Thomas has already given it some thought)

that for fun, either publicly or privately, you might consider a new meaning for SL.

The first that came to my mind was "Sith League".

After some more discussion with Thomas, the membership team, various PM's, and all of you, I believe

a revised version of the above "relaxed idea" is in agreement by all that I have spoken with.

Please let me know your thoughts on this:

SL = All Sith characters ... (Lord or not Lord makes no difference)

DS = Dark Force characters that are not Sith.

DZ = Characters that are none of the above.

I would have to perform another round of research, on each character, to be completely sure,

but I believe that right off the top... Visas, the various Strakillers, and Lumiya would head back.

I'm liking it.

Keeps all Sith together, keeps all non-sith together, no need to track down the smaller technical details in the future, and provides for easy organizing of those new characters that are inevitably on the horizon.

Thank you very much for this decision, Damian! Seems fair to all affected characters =)

Hi all

I did get a reply from Comicvine - but I don´t have a twitter account, so perhaps one from the TFE staff could try and write Chris Avellone, if we still need to get any further info about the character that is ?

Here is the info :

"Ah, the 501st. I used to work at Obsidian Entertainment with one of your members, I believe, but this was a few years back and I don't recall her name at the moment. You may want to go straight to the source and ask Chris Avellone about Visas Marr, as he was the creative lead on KOTOR2:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone

If you tell him Rorie sent you, hopefully he'll reply. Hope that helps! "

Thanks a lot for the efforts.

Likely no need to ask further details from Mr.Avellone.

With this latest idea, they would not come into play.

I wanted to give everyone a chance to catch up, before moving on.

I think they have, and I will get to work on it.

I haven't chimed in earlier because I don't have much of a dog in this fight (I lose SL on Starkiller, but I keep SL on Nihilus, so it doesn't affect me too much)

I do want to try to put a rumor at ease that cannon changes at Disney will affect registered costumes at the 501st. To be honest, I seriously doubt we'll start cutting out costumes for non-cannon sources when we already have non-cannon costumes being added on a daily basis - these include DLC Starkillers and more recently, McQuarrie Concept Stormtroopers (even Kal Skirata is ambiguously cannon due to the Clone Wars cartoon). I could be wrong - things like this often come down to the whims of the LMO (though he/she does gather outside opinion), but I would be very surprised to see people start loosing their 501st status over the whims of Disney unless they take a great leap in actively controlling the 501st.

I have to admit, I was one of the first to suggest a secondary designation for non-sith characters, but that was 3 years ago, before it would have affected so many people as it has now. (This was back when A'sharad Hett was new) My original concept was for DA: Darkside Adept (which I still think is a better designation, but I digress). So for my role in this confusion, I apologize.

Hey Steve,

Have a scan over the last few posts.

Under this idea, Starkiller (all Starkillers) would remain SL.

I also mentioned the subject of retroactively removing what Disney might now consider non-canon characters, and that those of us on the Membership team would not even think of doing such a thing.

Basically confirming what you posted. ;)

* I am also glad that you mentioned being one of the first to suggest a secondary designation for non-sith characters... and that it was 3 years ago.

A re-evaluation of the designations (legion wide) is something that members have been calling for for quite some time, and as time passed the situation became even larger. We chose, this year, to finally take action on this long standing request to better organize characters and prepare for the future.

Something that was long overdue.

Guest Mara Jade
After some more discussion with Thomas, the membership team, various PM's, and all of you, I believe

a revised version of the above "relaxed idea" is in agreement by all that I have spoken with.

Please let me know your thoughts on this:

SL = All Sith characters ... (Lord or not Lord makes no difference)

DS = Dark Force characters that are not Sith.

DZ = Characters that are none of the above.

I would have to perform another round of research, on each character, to be completely sure,

but I believe that right off the top... Visas, the various Strakillers, and Lumiya would head back.

I'm liking it.

Keeps all Sith together, keeps all non-sith together, no need to track down the smaller technical details in the future, and provides for easy organizing of those new characters that are inevitably on the horizon.

I am curious as to what makes a sith then? Training by a sith? Completion of training by a sith? Just to make sure we're all on the same page

I would think that it is a character which is officially recognized as entering the Sith order, and as such is a devout practitioner of that dark side religion.

A note regarding the updated term of SL:

I think it would be proper to have, on the main CRL category list, a term that better reflects the

multitude of characters within it.

"Saber Lover" was suggested, but I'm not sure if that is a formidable enough title (?)

Like mentioned, the first that came to my mind was "Sith League".

(But, my thoughts keep drifting toward either a sports league or the extraordinary gentlemen)

Perhaps "SL: Sith Legends" ?

* Legend (n)

A person whose fame or notoriety makes them a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits.

I must say that I like the “Sith Legend”-idea.

I have no stake in this, yet, but I feel it does offer a more relaxed inclusion to the Sith ranks and would also draw a more logical line between SLs of the Sith Lord Detachment and SLs of TFE.

Swiched DS from "Dark Force Users" to "Dark Side Adept".

As of right now, I'll go with SL: Sith Legends, which you can change later if you decide to.

* I thought about DarthTagion's suggestion of Slinky Lingerie but that would require some drastic changes in costume requirements.

Swiched DS from "Dark Force Users" to "Dark Side Adept".

As of right now, I'll go with SL: Sith Legends, which you can change later if you decide to.

* I thought about DarthTagion's suggestion of Slinky Lingerie but that would require some drastic changes in costume requirements.

Wait you're saying Vader SLs are changing too? Does LDR/Matt know this at SLD...?

No effect on the SLD.

Merchandise, roster titles, or anything like that would change.

Just the title on the TFE CRL page to allow those here to personally refer to their SL's as something a bit different than the SLD SL's, in casual conversation.

It also better encompass the variety of characters listed under TFE: SL.

Not sure what is up with the open mouth icon thing as you originated the request on an alternative, and it seems all of the replies like the suggestion.

You asked for it, it was discussed (including your humorous responses), then got what you asked for...

now it's instantly a surprise?

If that little icon is meant to show astonishment that your request was actually acted upon, fantastic.

If it is meant to show surprise in the change, it's seems like a 180 on your previous position.

Much as I hate to stir this up it seems a little counter productive. I understood the need to add the new designator in, and the unfortunate chaos it caused. But if I'm correct in understanding that the point of this move was to add some clarity to the designations and have them be a little more accurate in the divisions then have 2 different meanings for SL would seem to negate all that. Much as I would hate to have my designation changed...if I'm not a Sith Lord anymore (as Darth Nihilus) then the designator should be 2 different letters not the same 2 with a different meaning. On the same note is seems incredible bizarre to me to have the Sith Lords in two different detachments. I have no particular interest one way or the other in switching detachments but if the goal is streamlining then shouldn't all SL's (be they Sith Lord or Sith Legend) be in teh same place? Much like the recent, and admittedly somewhat unpopular, combining of all arctic troops under the Blizzard Force banner.

Please bear in mind I'm a fairly new member, and proud to be a member of TFE, just looking for maybe some clarity as to the logic.