• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mojo's Revan WIP

Guest Mojofarian

Guest Mojofarian

Ok, so I've started my Revan build. I have been wanting to do it for a while. I have been reading in the forums here about the different mask styles. I have a bit of a wider face and think that a skinnier mask looks ridiculous on me. I have had a friend do a 3d rendering of the mask and printed it out in Pepakura. We have just finished cutting and gluing it together. I will post pictures later for your thoughts.

Where I really need help is in locating patterns for the cloth parts. I could probably get it worked out from the images but if there is a way to get it easier that would be helpful.

I also have not started the chest or other armored pieces yet and am looking for advice or someone selling some at a reasonable price if there are any out there.

I look forward to hearing advice.

Hi there!

I believe it's Lord Atrocity who is making his mask out of pep, and with fantastic results! Can't wait to see yours.

As for the cape, capelet, hood, hakama, etc... I'm afraid no patterns exist. Most people either use the kit provided by Rob of MyWickedArmor or pattern theirs from scratch. I'm doing the latter, and I will definitely post up my methods when I start working on those parts for mine. :)

Ok, so I've started my Revan build. I have been wanting to do it for a while. I have been reading in the forums here about the different mask styles. I have a bit of a wider face and think that a skinnier mask looks ridiculous on me. I have had a friend do a 3d rendering of the mask and printed it out in Pepakura. We have just finished cutting and gluing it together. I will post pictures later for your thoughts.

Where I really need help is in locating patterns for the cloth parts. I could probably get it worked out from the images but if there is a way to get it easier that would be helpful.

I also have not started the chest or other armored pieces yet and am looking for advice or someone selling some at a reasonable price if there are any out there.

I look forward to hearing advice.

Proportioning the face can be trickier to be sure, I have a large but narrow head myself so the mask works for me but my noggin isn't always fun to size stuff for.

Though I will say I have seen a handful of Revan's that once you get the balaclava on and hide everything beneath the hood it still looks quite nice.

That being said, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Guest Mojofarian

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have tried contacting Mywickedarmor.com but never heard anything back. So I guess I'm on my own. That's ok I'm sure it will turn out fine. I will have to upload the pics of the pep build so far.

Nice start so far.

Rob is notoriously hard to get ahold of. I think his traffic volume is through the roof, and right now he's working on Wrex likely in addition to any commissions. Either way i think you're on a good path here. Keep it up!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have tried contacting Mywickedarmor.com but never heard anything back. So I guess I'm on my own. That's ok I'm sure it will turn out fine. I will have to upload the pics of the pep build so far.

I tried contacting him once and gave up. I then tried again a year later and it took about 3 months for him to respond. You just gotta keep trying. He gets a lot of commissions. Once you do finally get ahold of him his work is excellent and he is very willing to work with you (I had to make payments on my Revan).

FYI, in case no one else told you. Even if you do get Rob's Revan, there will still be a few tweeks you will need to make for approval.

Guest Mojofarian

Yea I'm not going to wait a year for someone to send an email back. It doesn't take much time to just send an email and say that he's backed up at the moment and it would be some time before he could get to it.

I am making everything from scratch. Me and my friend have completed the mask and have done most of the cloth parts. In the next few days we should have all of the armor and sabers done. I hope to be submitting photos for approval in the next 2 weeks.

I will have more photos of the build coming soon. It is progressing quickly. I guess having a back injury and being off of work is working out well for my costume.

On a plus side as we make a piece of the armor or cloth we are making molds/templates. Oh and the mask pictured above was scrapped and an entire new Pep file was made to fix the errors we saw in it.

EDIT: Ignore the highlighted area. The pictures are from the second mask not the first.

Guest Mojofarian

Here is the mask with silver pain. I will take pictures of the finished mask and what I have done on the cloth to post later

post-3725-142759262681_thumb.jpg

Wow you guys are looking good, you must have some awesome people bringing you coffee to move so fast....... :P

We are working as a team to finish this and yes, yes there is a lot of coffee involved. I need my sewing machine available to start working on my Visas.

I don't know why mojo hasn't posted our updates in a while, but we have made significant progress ( helmet, bracers, ring) and the Soft pieces are done except the ring fabric and the pants which I will finish this weekend.

If anyone is building from scratch and is looking for advice on the soft pieces message me ( or go through mojo) and I can tell you how I made his.

I'm gonna shoot you a PM, Luna. This is definitely what I will need the most help with!

Well I typed a long reply via my phone and tried to upload pictures and everything, but apparently the files are too big. Soooo I will make a photobucket album and show the progress on all of the soft parts.

I just finished the pants, can I say holy cr*p that was A LOT of fabric!! All in all, what a pain in the "pants" :)

Pictures and instructions to come soon I promise!! I'll even sneak over to mojo's computer and put the pics of the hard pieces up..

On a side note, anyone have a really good source for leather/faux leather? I need to start something without pleats real soon. So why not finally start the outer dress for my visas.

Luna

The photos are great. Lots of ideas there. They're going to be a lot of help. I'll post up some picts of my progress as I get the parts done.

Congrats on school. All the best on that. You'll be glad you did it when it's done. :D

Luna

The photos are great. Lots of ideas there. They're going to be a lot of help. I'll post up some picts of my progress as I get the parts done.

Congrats on school. All the best on that. You'll be glad you did it when it's done. :D

yea Grad School has been a long 5 years, however the end is in sight (44 more days). Crazy to think I went back to school when I did.

So incase anyone is wondering. When I made the cape- I took 2 60" width fabric pieces and cut them to length to reach the floor on Mojo. We then measured across his shoulders to see where the cape should end and started the box pleats- approx. 3 inch reveal (which means 1.5 inch on either side underneath). Then we sewed that together.

I found a cape hood from a pattern and customized it a bit to make it bigger (if anyone wants a picture of the hood let me know- I can put that on drop box too).

As far as the capelet- I basically made a large cumberbun so it was 9 inches finished at created 2 inch pleats. (they sit at 5, 7 and 9 inches) attached the cumberbun to the hood and then the cape and voila.. finished soft parts.

The ring is done - we created a mold, so if anyone needs one let us know (however wait for us to get approved first :) ). and we hope to have the bracer molds done soon so we can reproduce them (that's what all the casting was for).

Currently, we just created a pep file for the chest piece- next steps, cut it out and start the process with latex, bondo and drywall compound for strength and stability. paint then hopefully we will be ready for submission real soon.

That's my cliff note version of a tutorial. I posted a picture of the bolt of fabric that I used (I found at Joanns) it lays REALLY nice and from what Mojo has said, its not TOO hot. so it might be something to consider for those in the southern states if the silk worms are on hiatus for a while. We do plan on making a similar set for our hot Chicago summers once Mojo is approved and I get my Visas done.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to share

Luna & Mojo