• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Acolyte from Germany

Benjamin Arendt

Hello gang.

I started to get the pieces together, starting with some parts...

SAM_5785_zps65dec2a6.jpg

SAM_5787_zps567b23a4.jpg.html

Quick fittinh... think it will work.. :-)

SAM_5795-1_zps5556ee05.jpg

Shoulder bell..

SAM_5797_zpsd10578ea.jpg

I deceided to just use Rub`n`Buff Silver leaf, without any preparation... here are the first resuklts:

SAM_5802_zps5d68787d.jpg

Because of my thinking to not use a filler or bonde, the tiny scratches and dents are still there. This creates a really col used look. Remeber, this is an armor.

SAM_5804_zps2f8d1fa5.jpg

Sorry for flooding.. :D I did make a wip in another forum, but I thought you might be interested as well...

Got the softparts from a motorcycle-shop.

SAM_5805_zpsc95512a1.jpg

Abdomen plate with breast and attached strapping. This will go around the neck and will be covered by the neckseal.

SAM_5915_zpsd6ea92ff.jpg

The mask was wide enough to install a welding-mask-headband. Flipping it open is really nice touch.. :-)

SAM_5917_zps2aa6c217.jpg

Upper body...

SAM_5921_zps689f5332.jpg

With mask..

SAM_5922_zps6be7e0f3.jpg

Fisrt test with a already owned robe... this is not the final robe as it is not accurate. Its just for the fun of it.. :D

SAM_5962_zps17032fbc.jpg

Boot-armor..

SAM_5987_zpsbca54114.jpg

First testfit with the upper parts...

SAM_5991_zps0b31af29.jpg

Incl. Mask and temporary robe.

SAM_5996_zpsc266e658.jpg

Alright.... final test with all of the parts.

Remember, the robe is just temporarely... and yes, I know about my hood..... :?

SAM_6015_zps134db0c1.jpg

SAM_6017_zps707c9db2.jpg

SAM_6016_zps0d3593cb.jpg

Alright. That was it for the moment.

I need to redo some of the parts, I am not quite happy with how the boots are, the shins and tights need to be fitted...

But, overall, its a really nice piece of armor.

Thanks for watching, soon to be more updates.....

I have had the mojo to alter my costume and fit in some parts.

Did the cannister thingy with weathering:

SAM_6366_zpsbccfacb8.jpg

SAM_6367_zps2498b698.jpg

I shortened the thigh pieces for better spacing. I am little on the short side..

SAM_6364_zpsd6c00bd2.jpg

The shins were fitted as well. Cut a slot at the lower end and on the inside of the knee area.

SAM_6362_zps448a77d6.jpg

SAM_6363_zps23804ad6.jpg

Result of the recent modifications:

1_zps64a09aa0.jpg

2_zps35212704.jpg

I think I will cut the fabric for the robe todays evening... :))

Your build is looking great. I can't wait to see your final approval pics!

I have a question for you- are the grooves in the armor (I sometimes call them "accent lines") a darker color because you didn't use the Rubb n Buff in them and just let the color of the armor show, or did you trace them somehow with a darker color?

I had the chance to make some pics with the last modifications, walking stairs works well, up- and downstairs. The only thing I need to work on, speaking of armor, are the shoes with the armor attached.

But, at the end, I will sort that out as well.

And, please forgive me the robe, it’s a temporary version just for this fun-weekend and will be replaced with a real cool serious-material robe (already in progress but not finished until now).

75887_814791168547722_1019553230_n.jpg

1622652_10201266675021055_2131443163_n.jpg

1621945_10201266675461066_971939573_n.jpg

1513177_10201266674261036_553527421_n.jpg

My schedule is to get this costume finished for approval in the next month. May until april.

And I have managed to find some better, black pouches.

Thanks and enjoy...

Today was robe-day. I did the piece.

SAM_6519.jpg

SAM_6520.jpg

SAM_6521.jpg

Actually I am quit happy with the result exept for the length of the arms. I need to check with my shoulder armor on, maybe I neeed to shorten the sleeves a bit. In that case, I need to colour the red markins again. I used deep red (cherry red) fabric-paint.

Need to iron the seams flat.

I started to recreate the armor using worbla and foam, I want to build the Old Republic Jedi as well. I will see how it will come together.

Chest armor started today, what do you say?

SAM_6522.jpg

After some minor modifications regarding shoes and shoe armor, I will be ready to make the application. If the sleeves are ok. If not, I need one-two more weeks to alter the sleeves.

See ya.

I had the chance to work on the boots/ boot armor. Using velcor, finally did it.

SAM_6567.jpg

SAM_6568.jpg

SAM_6566.jpg

SAM_6565.jpg

Nothing is touchuing the ground during walking. No noises. I don`t like noise walking with my armor.

I did the second mask as well. The new one is shorter around the chin area and I am looking forward to get to know how it will work with the armor on. With the first mask I was not able to nod because of the chin parts touching my chest armor. The new mask is shorter and will allow more movement with my head.

We`ll see how it will be.

SAM_6569.jpg

SAM_6571.jpg

SAM_6573.jpg

Next up: Suit up with all the parts to check if the sleeves have to be shortened or not. Hopefully not, I don`t want to.... :wink:

PS: Anybody got an idea how I can get rid of the fluff of my new robe?

Looking very nice! I like what you've done with the boot armor! It should provide for more flexibility of movement, & it still looks good! Nicely done! Looking forward to seeing you all suited up with the new mask too. Looks like you're nearing completion on this! 8)

Thanks for the Kind words.

I plan to suit up tomorrow to see what else I need to work on.

Maybe I can take some pics to Show off...

I want to make the approval-pics saturday.... depending on the sleeves.. :))

Can`t wait to become a SL.... :fu:

Could you perhaps specify what material was used? I am looking to find materials to make my robe, but have not a clue of the names for the specific fabrics used on yours or other robes I've seen.

Any details on the type, name, or maker / seller of this fabric you used would be much appreciated.

I found this fabric during a short and not scheduled visit in a store near frankfurt/germany...

I have absolutely no clue about correct Name and/or vendor.

go to a local fabric store and just ask for a wool for a robe and speify the costuming purpose.

Sorry I cant help you more.

As I promised.... the approval pics. I sent both masks because I want them both approved.

BArendt_Acolyte_front-1.jpg

Hope you like it.

Nice job! Good luck on your approval. Be sure to let us know what you hear!