• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nerfs Lord Starkiller

Guest Nerf

As per thread title, this is for my Lord Starkiller build. So far I've got the chest/back armour as well as the helmet, ab wraps and belt from Rob at MWA and plan on getting more pieces from him when he is ready.

I know there is only a couple of approved Lord Starkillers out there, and builds vary from person to person but can anyone give me any feedback on what the ab wraps have to be made of? Robs are made of plastic but I've seen others out there that have been made from leather. All I've been told by the LMO at the moment is that they 'have to be rigid'.

Also, can any other Lord Starkillers or detachment leaders give me pointers on what to do for boots?

LS1_zps13c376ae.jpg

LS2_zpsa7be4737.jpg

Cheers,

Craig

I know there is only a couple of approved Lord Starkillers out there, and builds vary from person to person but can anyone give me any feedback on what the ab wraps have to be made of? Robs are made of plastic but I've seen others out there that have been made from leather. All I've been told by the LMO at the moment is that they 'have to be rigid'.

Also, can any other Lord Starkillers or detachment leaders give me pointers on what to do for boots?

I would agree that it is a rigid material. Unless you're prepared to fight him tooth and nail with photographic proof of the piece moving more like fabric, I'd stick with something rigid :P

I can't find a good pic of his boots, but for most of my costumes I end up using my black officer's boots and just creating a spat to go over the top of them - just my $.02.

I took some PC screenies.. The boots are very Pre-armour Anakin/ Asajj Ventress-ish.. It's a shame things are very pixelated. I might have to fire up the Xbox and see if it's any clearer.

2013-09-17_00004_zps1b371fa8.jpg

2013-09-17_00001_zps1e8f0b1b.jpg

Hello! Welcome to the forums and I cant wait to see your build progress.

One wonderful thing about the 501st that I have learned in making these costumes (videogame/EU ones specially) is the reference always comes first, and if you find a better way to do something, then so be it! :) Everyone is so helpful, here to learn and here to teach. If you find a better method. Man, do it!

Pop up some video on youtube of the thing in motion if you find it moving, post it! :D Just show proof and why you did what you did :D

You could build yours out of Sintra? I just recently started using Sintra and wow the stuff is amazing! Sintra is a great moldable plastic that bends to your will upon heat application. Sintra might just work for what your looking to do. :)

You could build yours out of Sintra? I just recently started using Sintra and wow the stuff is amazing! Sintra is a great moldable plastic that bends to your will upon heat application. Sintra might just work for what your looking to do. :)

Cheers for the welcome. :)

I'll see how it goes when it comes to the approval process. Muppet (current LMO) is in my garrison so it's easy enough to contact him to ask questions and get his call if I need to. As I said in my first post, I was mainly wondering if the DL's or mentors had any extra input on whether the ab wraps had to be a specific material. We'll see how it goes, and I'll deal with it when/if the time comes. The sintra stuff might be good for the heel caps on the boots though.

awesome helmet dude where did you get it or did you actually sculpted the lid?

I bought the helmet and armour from Rob at MyWickedArmor (not sure if I can post the vendor link but a quick google search will show you his site). I'm really happy with it - I just have to make a few minor adjustments to the strapping on the shoulder bells and whatever but that's about it.

Well, I might as well chime in on this thread, as I've been working on and off for about 3 years on this same costume for my son. :shock: WOW, it doesn't seem like it's already been that long! Time flies when you're having fun I guess! :lol: LOL!!! Anyways, I'm presently working on the redo on a lot of pieces on his costume in anticipation of him submitting the costume for 501st approval in February when he turns 18. I'm planning on doing my own WIP thread once I get a chance, although it may be quite awhile! It seems like REAL LIFE seems to get in the way of making time to do these things as quickly as I'd like! I'm sure A LOT of you can relate to my sentiments on this matter too! Presently, I'm working on the redo on his boots, as I haven't been happy with what he presently has. I've got quite a bit of pic reference on the boots, which I'll post in my WIP once I get to that point, but in the mean time, I'll post some pics that will hopefully be helpful to you! With regards to the chest belt, I am debating what to do, as I'm not totally happy with the current version, which is made from double quilted layers of black vinyl. I personally don't think that this piece necessarily has to be hard armor. In fact. I tend to think JUST THE OPPOSITE!!! In my opinion, as long as it has the proper appearance, that's all that should matter! And to be honest, hard armor is NOT IDEAL for this piece anyways, as it would SEVERELY LIMIT MOBILITY to the wearer! I know the guy from the Italian Garrison, who was the first to be approved with this costume, made his chest belt from leather! I think that leather is probably the BEST material to use, although I'm not sure if it's what I'll end up using! I'm still a bit up in the air on this one. After I've finished tackling the boots & gloves, this will probably be the next piece I redo! I have TONS of reference & screen caps on this character, so I'm sure I can find some pics that would probably help the argument that this piece is indeed flexible! Anyways, enough on that! On to some pics! I'll also include a few pics of my son in his current gear, minus the lightsabers, which have been upgraded since these pics were taken! HOPE THIS HELPS, & ENJOY THE PICS!!!8)

StarkillerPose3.jpg

StarkillerSideView.jpg

StarkillerHothBackground-1.png

IMG_9264.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9342.jpg

IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9341.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9271.jpg

Guest DarthDrac

Did any further progress get done on this? As for the abs I was considering a more rigid armour for the abdomen area, perhaps a tough leather, Sintra springs to mind but I wonder if that would seriously restrict movement. The plastic supplied by wicked armour looks pretty decent, but I wonder if something better could be produced? :)

I was also wondering if there is any more reference pictures of the middle rear part at the back, as some I've seen it's solid where as others I've seen show a more 'laced up' look, any ideas?