• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Tenebrous

Guest Tray

We have a cadet in our Garrison who's son is also thinking about working on a costume so he can join as well. He is interested in Darth Tenebrous. I do not know anything about this character and when I Google it I only get a few images that come up. I notice an illustration of him and I see an action figure/statue but it has completely different armor.

I tried to do a search here and even clicked around a bit but couldn't find anything about it. Would this character fall under this detachment or the Sith Lord Detachment?

The illustration

DarthTenebrous-SWI130.jpg

The action figure

Tenebrous%2B1.jpg

Thanks

Good afternoon,

I would encourage the individual to costume the character that they love most.

To my knowledge, no official visual reference has been drafted for the character, so Darth Tenebrous would not qualify for 501st review.

I personally find it silly to limit one’s costume choice to approvable characters.

However I would add, that when a fan’s costume is done well enough, over tyme artists working for LFL have adopted the fan’s interpretation for canon.

8820_517533242892_3775608_n.jpg

Sith_5.jpg

Be well,

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, I did mention to them that they can always do it for a fun costume.

I wasn't sure it was enough for a Legion approved costume though. I just wanted to be sure so their hopes weren't dashed.

Is that you Thomas ? in the Picture?

what an amazing costume and my book of the sith now has a deeper meaning seeing that a costumer manage to get printed in the pages

Thomas makes a great Nightsister! ;)

I jest, but Thomas is correct that many artists have based their illustrations off of costumes that fans have done well. As always, the most important thing is to make the costume you want to make, not because it will get you into a specific group. I'm now a member of many costume groups, but every costume I've made is because it was a character I really liked. Heck, I made a Jarael costume and still haven't gotten off my lazy tooshie to get her approved for the Rebel Legion. I loved her character and wanted to make it for Celebration in Orlando last year, so that's what I did with no intention of actually getting into the Rebel Legion.

Cheers,

Nef

The Night Sister example above is Mary Ellen Berglund (SL-8447), seen here in during her internship at NASA;

532521_556537044383596_1025062339_n.jpg

Mary Ellen is a powerful force in costume craftsmanship.