• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Maris Brood - Force Unleashed

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sorry of this is in the wrong place or even on the right message boards, but I had no where else to go and she is Expanded Universe.

I have been researching and following a newer character to the Star Wars EU for some time now (since E3 and the Force Unleashed was announced). I'm confused with some details about this character and was hoping that some of you might have some more information.

I have searched the internet and almost EVERY source seems to say something different or worse tells me that she is: A Sith, A Jedi, Dark Jedi, Mercenary, a rogue ____ (insert word here) and the list goes on.

Sometimes her tonfa styled sabres are red (in the toys and photos) and sometimes they are green (photos) which is confusing to say the least. Shaak Ti was her Jedi master and she was around during the age of order 66, however was never around to witness it.

Leaked Hasbro toy catalogues were the first sources to reveal Maris's name.

Her name has since been confirmed by the March issue of Game Informer.[2]

A 3.75" Force Unleashed figure by Hasbro shows Maris wielding twin green-bladed lightsabers with tonfa-shaped hilts.[3][4]. However, in later promotional artwork and in Hasbro's figure, Maris Brood as displaying red-bladed sabers.

I really need to know if anyone has anymore information, images or knows anything about this Zabrak... and she already has toys and things (way to jump the gun Hasbro)!

Broodheadshot.jpg

Some Source Material:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maris_Brood

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforce ... haracters/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I just realized this sounds (and looks) like a missing child AD on the back of a milk carton.

MISSING

Maris Brood

female Zabrak, age unknown

:lol:

That's the sexiest Zabrak I've ever seen. :P

VK - you've seriously gotta do this character.....quantity of sources aside....Gothiclysm & I both agree that you'd totally rock this character...and could totally own it.

Git R Dun!!!

Guest Anonymous

Oh I am going to do her anyway, sources aside. I just want to know about her and need more refs because she only has a few toy photos and all front shots.. I don't even know what she looks like from the back.

If only Force Unleashed hadn't been pushed back....we'd know info by now. Probably a couple months away from any real info about the character (at least info with a proven reliable source) from the photo though....she does look to have Sithy eyes....

Guest Anonymous

I'm about to make this really graphic heavy:

With red sabers (wizards promo art for FE mini set):

MarisBrood_SWM.jpg

green saber promo art:

Marisbrood2.jpg

red wizards FE mini set:

starwars_article_FUpreview2_pic1_en.jpg

Hasbro toy (green):

2-Baris%20Brood.jpg

Methinks from the Force Unleashed game (red):

Maris_Brood.jpg

It's just so frustrating no knowing her true story or background and having all this stuff being published about her. I guess we'll for sure know in April.

Guest Anonymous
If only Force Unleashed hadn't been pushed back....we'd know info by now. Probably a couple months away from any real info about the character (at least info with a proven reliable source) from the photo though....she does look to have Sithy eyes....

She does have sithy eyes, only thing is I thought that Zabrak had them naturally... then I looked back at Bao Dur and he doesn't have them. I am praying to the Star Wars universe that she is in fact a sith.

Guest Anonymous

WOW!!!!!!!! :shock:

She's GREAT!!!

Yeah, waiting's sure enough tough, but it sounds like you're just gonna' have to... :?

What a great lookin' character, tho!!! :wink:

& she looks a LOT like YOU, VK!!! :wink::twisted:

Yep! You've totally GOT to do that outfit!!!! :wink:

she looks a LOT like YOU, VK!!! :wink::twisted:

Yep! You've totally GOT to do that outfit!!!! :wink:

Gothiclysm & I thought the exact same thing :twisted:

I hope she turns out to be a Sith or Dark Side adept, etc....all the things I've ready about her suggests she'll be fighting the Secret Apprentice.

Guest Anonymous

I LOVE IT!!

You have a great figure for this character, and with make up you will look JUST LIKE HER!!

WHO CARES if she is or is not an approveable character? (you are already a member)

Who cares if she is even a true Sith?!?

If it is a good character, and you are up for the challenge, do it! I think you will be wonderful!

(Especially with the similarity in body and facial structure)

Rock on!

Guest Anonymous

Love it, VK! Can't wait to see you do this one. Everything I've heard about the game suggests that Maris is the Jedi girl and Juno Eclipse is the Imperial girl (apparently, there can only be one of each... :wink: ).

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforce ... haracters/

It's unfortunate, because I totally agree with you that Maris is the MUCH more interesting costume! Either way, Goth's right - you're already 501st, so I'm glad you're doing it anyway. :D

Came across some more Force Unleashed merchandise yesterday.

The Unleashed battle packs have come out, including one that has Maris Brood in it.

On the back of the package it gives a little bit of story, including a notation that Maris Brood is a fallen Jedi whom the Secret Apprentice is helping to find redemption. So...in the end, where she falls (good or evil) is still up in the air...

(it also had another notation about Juno Eclipse being a Rebel Spy.)

If that's the case....doesn't that also question the Secret Apprentice's path? I read that as the Apprentice is trying to redeem a fallen Jedi.....does he turn against Vader during the game? Does he get redeemed RotJ style by helping Maris?

Reason I ask is that there's Secret Apprentice discussion on the main 501st forums right now.

Sorry to derail the thread....bringing it back on topic.

VK - I still stand by my original statement that you should do it either way and worry about "alignment" later (which you said you would be doing anyway).

The game will be the ultimate tell on this and the Secret Apprentice's outcome.

hehehehehehehehehehe youl just have to find out by playing the game ( i know i know HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....sorry rare that i find out stuff like this )

when it finally comes out which may not be till next year now!!!! :?

yeah we got an Apprentice with no game to promote!

( he bloomin loves his costume too.....and can hardly ever wear it!...tho the one time he did wear it kids knew who he was!!!)

Guest Anonymous

LOL, I know... In progress coming soon. I need to get materials and the wig is pretty much the entire costume. I want to finish it before the game comes out, which I probably will.

I'll do a makeup test so you guys can at least see something in the next few days. Until then, any photos you may have that I may see would be amazing!

If you are working on this costume you need all the info you can get to get it accurate so there is obviously going to be spoiler info on this thread and any thread relating to an Force Unleashed character.

it probs be best for anyone not wanting to be spoiled about this game to not read any thread relating to the characters fronm the game.