• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Claws

Guest mexisol187

Guest mexisol187

Someone PM'd me about how I made my claws and what material I used. I thought I might share. I used some plexi glass I found at my local Home Depot. I created a template out of cardstock paper, but any paper or cardboard would work. When I was happy with the look of the claws I cut my template and traced over the plexi glass. I used a Dremmel tool to cut, and used Zap A Gap super glue to affix the claws to my hand plate. I know this is pretty basic stuff, but I figured if one person was having issues I'm sure someone else was as well. Happy building!

very nice,, I have one question though, does anyone know how to avoid the claws from breaking at large conventions. dragon con I had one snap on me, luckily I have some super glue on hand, but other wise I have used E6000 glue, which works ok, any other suggestions.. btw, it was at dragon con where this happened. lots of people..

very nice,, I have one question though, does anyone know how to avoid the claws from breaking at large conventions. dragon con I had one snap on me, luckily I have some super glue on hand, but other wise I have used E6000 glue, which works ok, any other suggestions.. btw, it was at dragon con where this happened. lots of people..

You could dremel three slits in the hand plate where the claws would go, fit the claws through and secure from the underside using hot glue. This would add a lot of support and strength to the setup. Even though my handplates are cast and not vacuum formed, I personally use this method as the concept is the same. My first prototype was so strong and held so firm, that I had to change the thickness of the claws in the the subsequent version to prevent injury or damage - not to claws but to other things.

You could always do them in foam, so you don't accidentally put out a little kid's eye with one. Also, in foam, they would bend right back to their original shape and are cheap enough to be remade many times over.