• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Shirt questions

Oya'Karir

I am almost finished with my Revan and am having a lot of problems with finding a shirt that is correct. Does anyone know of anyone that can make the shirts to CRL standards? I had purchased a black mock turtleneck shirt without piping with the intention of having a tailor sew it in later but, the shirt is too big and will not work anyways. So, I thought I'd ask here, before purchasing a smaller shirt, if anyone had any suggestions on where to get a shirt made (preferably custom made). Thanks a lot! It is the only piece that i need before I can put up submission photos.

I use product code: 1000377-001-LG from Under Armour. The fabric could stand to be a little darker. There is piping added, and the balaclava I wear is sewn across the front of the neck but not the back.

Add in the hood and I'm sure that'd pass inspection. :P

The CRL mentions a high collar in mandarin-style but I am fairly confident with regards to approval that that is pretty darn low on the list of items checked for approval.

As we talk about re-writing some of the sections I'll add that to my list of things to talk about changing for clarity.

It looks good though, can't wait to see more.

Guest Kilryth
The CRL mentions a high collar in mandarin-style but I am fairly confident with regards to approval that that is pretty darn low on the list of items checked for approval.

As we talk about re-writing some of the sections I'll add that to my list of things to talk about changing for clarity.

I spent some time looking at shirts, although I am not approved yet. I feel like "mandarin" collar is an inaccurate description of Revan's collar. Mandarin collars have an opening that opens/closes at the front of the neck; but Revan's ref images have no opening. If a collar is to be mentioned in the CRL, a "Mock neck" (or even a "turtleneck") would be more accurate, since it has a similar height collar and no opening.

I spent some time looking at shirts, although I am not approved yet. I feel like "mandarin" collar is an inaccurate description of Revan's collar. Mandarin collars have an opening that opens/closes at the front of the neck; but Revan's ref images have no opening. If a collar is to be mentioned in the CRL, a "Mock neck" (or even a "turtleneck") would be more accurate, since it has a similar height collar and no opening.

My thoughts exactly... and the reason I purchased a mock turtleneck to begin with, but since that shirt is too big and the neck seal should pass inspection, I'm going that route.

I'll put it in the notes for the re-write. No promises that we'll see that any time soon, but I'll ensure it gets noticed, that much I can confirm.

I couldn't of ask more! :)

Would it be safe to say that if my GML ask questions to direct him to this post? He isn't much of a stickler, but just to be on the safe side.

Absolutely! I am a big fan of posting here for future references, but I also accept e-mails and PMs.