• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Looking for Escape from Empirical Pics

MothMonty

I'm trying to lock down some pics of the Escape from the empirical costume. If anyone has any screen grabs of the front and back that would be greatly appreciate. The ones I find are from far away and fuzzy

If someone also has a head to toe grab of the below costume that'd be cool too

Screenshot2013-07-27at64740AM_zpsac015f0a.png

I swear it becomes more and more apparent that I need to pick up the concept art book of this game so many of his costumes are confusing! XD

I hope that you can find some. Have you tried just plain playing the game to this point? (I bought a new copy not to long ago for 4.50 on amazon) This isnt to far in right? This is how I got a lot of my stuff for my last 2 costumes.

Also have you searched youtube for a HIGH REZ version of this video?

This tactic for example is helping me SO MUCH with a Battle Damaged Vader I am going to be working on :)

I am sorry I am of little to no help. I will try and seek some youtube vids.

Sometimes seeing the costume in movement gives a better idea of how to make it :)

Also there are severe variances between

Concept Art

In-game Renders

Cinematic Renders

Sometimes its hard to decipher which one you should follow when making any Game related costume :/

For the most part the variances seen are due to In-game Lighting.. Whooo x.x

When I was doing my Jedi Adventure Robes.. Oh my gosh Drama (hardest costume to date color wise for me).. Finding Renders that were In Game non cine that were rendered into the Engine of FU1 NOT FU2 Was the Devil!

*rant over*

I liked this one, but I thought it was too obscure to follow through with (despite getting half way done with it...)

Here's some of the references I pulled from the game:

img6902c.jpg

img6875.jpg

img6896v.jpg

img6897b.jpg

cos4b.jpg

empiricalcell.jpg

Nearest I could tell, he's got on black boots with the rebel snow scout spat over the top.

(a friend of mine from the RL has an awesome tutorial pdf here.

the tunic has a strange overlap, going very low to the sides to a point. (take note of which flap is above the other above the waist, and then see what I mean when you look below the waist)

the arm restraint looks like some sort of hose clamp but I could never find a match for it that satisfied me.

Update: I should have The Art And the Making of Force Unleashed sometime this week. Whatever pictures are in it I will post them for you :)

fascinating how Starkiller costumes still popular. So glad this game brought so much choice to us .

where did you get The Art And the Making of Force Unleashed ?

Would be nice to see how many reference pictures we can see in that book. one thing i notice in the cover there is 3 characters that never made it in to the game so some of the images might just stay as concept and nothing more

Amazon! Should be here in the next few days $8.00 USD out the door! :D

..and I totally agree. More Starkiller love is..Love

Bwahahaha!

Oh I cant wait to see those concept pieces! :D

I just ordered a copy of this on Amazon too! Should be here in a few days. CAN'T WAIT! I can't believe I never noticed this was available before. THANKS FOR BRING ATTENTION TO THIS BOOK DAWN! This will make a nice addition to my collection of SW reference material! 8)