• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Another Mara from Germany, 2nd try

Bhelia

Hi there!

I tried to join the 501st last year but there were some problems with my costume then.

In the last few weeks I finally found some time to look into them and this is the result. I need a haircut desperately :roll: and the cowl looks a little bit odd in the pictures as well as the color of the brown leather belts and pieces...

Right now I'm getting my body in shape for Celebration Europe... I lost some pounds (thanks to p90x) so my jumpsuit isn't as tight as it used to be. Hope to grow some more muscle, though, otherwise I have to adjust the jumpsuit *sigh*

Looking forward to your ideas :P

Hello Bhelia,

I just wanted to let you know that our resident guru Mara Jade costumer, who would normally be all over this thread with helpful suggestions, is currently taking time to get her health in order. Please be patient in regards to waiting for a response. I sadly do not know much about this costume so would not want to offer up any suggestions at this time. I just wanted to let you know that we costume mentors have seen your thread!

Cheers,

Nef

I need more time for see it.

But I see a problem with the belt

"This strap is attached to the main belt under the front buckle and at the center back, and it is shaped to hang closely against the hip. "

Strap hanging from the belt ends in the middle of the back.

Especially in the combination of desert (scarf and white gloves) plus the gun should be the gun in the back.

I know that Pam had written and explained all this somewhere but can not find it.

You're doing a great job, you've only got a few details to change. encouragement

Mara Jade, has two or 3 version. One with cape or without cape, black gloves and these belt

and the "desertic" version with cowl and white gloves and other belt

I found it!! here!! http://chucrew.com/Mara/accessories.html

Thanks for your replies and advice. I read about Pam and I hope she gets better soon. Her costuming skills are awesome and I wish her all the best.

I didn't know about the belt/scarf combinations. On my last try (apart from some other things) I was told that I need a cowl for approval instead of a cape.

Apparently, with your information given, I've got the cape and black gloves that fit my current belt and holster. But this particular Mara is not an option for 501st approval. :roll:

And I've got the white cowl and white gloves for 501st aprroval but the wrong belt (and blaster). *sigh*

I'll look into the belt. 8)

Hey,

just to let you guys know: Got approved with the cowl/belt/holster combination shown on my website (first post).

I'll look into the other belt anyway - eventually...

:D

I'm now known as SL-10185

I don't know where my pictures went. You can see those pictures on my facebook prop&costuming page.You don't need an account there.

Right now I'm in the process of changing bits and pieces. I've got some new shin guards and need to make fitting knee pads. I decided to make them from EVA foam.