• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan WIP! Critique please. :-)

Guest Eglantine

Guest Eglantine

I reworked the cape a bit, and finished a few of the other pieces. See the post below for more pics!

Thanks,

-E

I would suggest ironing and/or using a glue to make them more like a permanent crease such as used in men's pants some times.

You're correct on there not being a requirement for more.

My vote would be the good, better, best. Yours is good and I like the material, making those look crisper would be better, best would be an exact mirror image of the costume as seen in the game.

Guest Eglantine

Thanks for the reply! We were working from printouts of the CRL, and the number of pleats wasn't immediately evident until I went to look on the actual computer screen. We may rework for more pleats, and we absolutely will take your advice on making the pleats crisper!

-E

Guest Eglantine

We're missing the vambraces, I know. They needed a little more work, but I wanted to put this out there for some critique.

Thanks!

Revan+A.JPG

Revan+B.JPG

Revan+C.JPG

Revan+E.JPG

First off everything really seems to sit right, I'm moderately concerned about the hood letting us see the forehead, it ought to be a bit lower.

However, for the sake of details, I know historically we've approved masks with red foreheads, but now with the MMO, and comics both supporting the silver forehead, there should be a transition just above the visor eyebrow area to silver. I can provide photos if you like (little sleepy right now).

Also, I know they've been approved before, but I'd also raise a concern on the eyeballs on the chest and their shape, based on this photo:

RevanTorso.jpg

I'll do a little more research when I've had some more coffee to find some viable source material that might support those eyeballs you have a little better.

Optionally, if you wanted you could raise the hakama/red sash a little for safety/comfort if you wanted but by no means are you incorrect where you are at.

Lastly the straps behind the greeblies seem a little dark, and I would suggest brightening them up with some gray or silver that is a tad brighter, you don't need to match the greeblies, but you could bring them a little closer in shade.

Looks really good. If I had a personal vote on the matter I'd say the forehead color/exposure is probably my biggest concern and pending that I'd give it my endorsement based on everything here.

Annd, because I don't want to be just one person making a call on the forehead I will make a post calling for source material in support of either red or silver foreheads. I do not think it has been brought up and should be.

Tagion is a stickler for that hood. **poke poke** It is one of those things people want to pull back to see. Unfortunately as Revan we aren't allowed. lol

I would tighten up the chest/abdomen too. It looks as though it is not connected to the back piece.

After tightening that up bring the big o ring (BOR) up just a little so just the top width of the BOR is above the bottom of the ab piece.

Myself, I am a stickler for the rings. I am never happy and have even been known to stomp my feet and hold my breath until people upgrade them. Not required but it is highly recommended.

I do like the fact you upgraded your clips. But the outside clips shouldn't drop down like that. That could probably be solved by just tightening up the cowl ends and moving where the clip attaches to the cowl.

Next point is the cowl should form a triangle. From the head and down to just inside the shoulder joints.

I am overly critical for just joining. I love the costume and I am the same way with mine.

Don't get me wrong. It is looking pretty good. Tagion has great points as well.

Another note, while I made the poll below, I'm actually thinking it is going to be much like the color of the eyeballs (an issue we discussed a few months back), and I am starting to lean toward the possibility that either red or silver are acceptable, depending on what you are portraying.

My unknowing co-workers suggested that he has 3 masks, depending on his mood.

Guest Eglantine

Well, we made the suggested changes, and submitted the pictures a couple weeks ago. Haven't had any word, yet, though.

*fingers crossed* that we'll get some feedback soon.

-E