• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Generic Sith

Guest rotccole

Guest rotccole

Does anyone think we'll ever have a generic Sith like the RL has a generic Jedi?

Anywhere from TOR to the Brotherhood of Darkness, heck even Krayte's One Sith.

I'm sure Lord Kaan's guys didn't wear armor all the time.

Just musing, would like to know ya'lls thoughts.

Guest Warlord

I was just posing this very question today to some friends of mine, I'll be interested in seeing the input on this.

Actually, the 501st does not do custom/generic costumes that are not outright seen in the various forms of media. The closest you can get to a "generic" character would be one of the bad-guy characters from the video games. The Sith Acolytes from TOR, the Sith Assassins from KOTOR, the Reborn from the Jedi Knight series, etc.

However, if you are looking to do a custom Sith, like the custom Jedi of the Rebel Legion, I would like to point you toward The Dark Empire Costume Club. They allow custom dark side characters.

Guest kimballk

I actually asked this same question a couple years ago.

The short answer is no, there are no "Generic Sith" approved or planned for approval at this time. I think the closet you'll see are the Sith Acolytes.

Does this mean it could never happen... With all the new costumes that are being submitted and approved, I'll never say never, however I do feel it would be very unlikely. (Just like there are no "generic Mandalorians" though we know they existed. Closest thing there is the Deathwatch Grunt.)

Kevin

Good answers, guys. I get emails and PM's from folks with custom/generic Sith or Dark Jedi costumes several times each month, asking if they can join the 501st with their costume. I regularly send them over to the Dark Empire site, and let them know that all 501st costumes must match a reference from LFL approved material. Some happily join TDE, some say nevermind and I never hear from them again, while others have gone on to make some terrific approved legion costumes. It's all in the personal goals and interests!

Pam :-)

Lol I just posted this same question (kinda) about a Generic "Dark Jedi" basically a Dark Chocolate/Black sith robe with a Red Lightsaber.

Theres a lot of reference for them, I popped open my Book of the Sith last night and there must be 5 images of em. I hear there is some in SWTOR, but Ive been looking for a number of hours now for the character to get a turn around.

Hope to hear some more info on this someday being approved!

Hello Amidala :) I think they'd be classified as the same (just read your post, may as well reply here :) ) partly because they are not specifically named or identified as an individual. Now if an artist went on to use the references for a named character then that may change. If you were asking about a turnaround of the Sith Accolyte armour they have just recently been released in game- I haven't logged in for a long time as I just can't play any more so I can't offer screenies sadly. Someone will grab hi res images of them as they appear in game though :)

I have just dribbled my way through in hand physical editions of Legacy (brain is exploding from all the glorious art and characters!!! It's different to onscreen :) ) and there are a number of sith that are unnamed or don't quite meet the need for a good full view or multiple sources (yay for Krayt and his vision for sithy goodness everywhere!) Much as I'd love to see them get approval (because it's amazing who knows the EU at conventions!) I am still interested in doing some anyway. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Si ... trikeforce anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Im starting to see this more clearly! Thank you. you have just answered a couple of questions I have had.

I DO have names! From a LFL source :)

"Book of Sith"

The 12 Dark Jedi

(Names I can find)

Ajunta Pall

Marchioness XoXan

Baron Dreypa

Karness Murr

Sorzus Syn

Xendor

Book was Published April 6th 2013

Daniel Wallace (the starwars chronicler) Hes a GREAT writer, does a lot of the LFL books/novels/novels

20130610_083046_zpsf3be8b3b.jpg

20130610_083026_zpsbd3e9673.jpg

20130610_082947_zpsc67f5cc7.jpg

20130610_083005_zps9a3bb179.jpg

20130610_082939_zpse01333cf.jpg

imaged_zps3e5872c8.jpg

The character I would personally be most interested in building is Ajunta Pall or Xendor (image caption on page 13)

The question is, are these images clear enough "Full body" to count? The book clearly names and states who is who in the captions :D

Most of those pictures show only darkly robed figures. However, since they are named, if you can find a good clear picture of what they are wearing under their robes (enough to put together a costume), then you can do it. I believe we require only one source of visual evidence for non-game characters.

Well that is great to hear! *digs around more*

Here is another pic of Pall

Hoping to find a full body

250px-AjuntaPall.jpg

Found this Gem of a costume at the end of the "Sith Book" Ive been reading

It says he is an "Inquisitor"

20130610_091941_zps107a12a1.jpg

WOW What a beautiful costume, but detours to far from the Jedi look I am personally looking for :D

I did some more reserach on Ajunta Pall last night, there is some books I need to locate. Maybe someone has one of these books and can find him for me in them???

This is him after exile when banished

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ajunta_P ... t_egtf.jpg

Its full body enough to make a costume, since you can see the boots?? Or do I need 2 more?? INCLUDING Back?

Will any of these books NOT work as ref for making him??

ANYONE have these books and can find Pall for me??

↑ Book of Sith -I own this and have that ref

↑ Endnotes for Star Wars: Book of Sith (part 1)

↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic

↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

↑ Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

ALso this picture of Pall that id found in my book appears to be the original? You can see his full outfit in this. Its a LOT clearer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ajunta_P ... di-BoS.jpg

Has anything further developed from this topic as I'm liking the idea of either Inquisitor or if possible generic Sith that I can flex some creativity at and not be TDE

If your goal is to have the 501st stamp of approval in what you do, your best bet is to get the Flagship involved before you ever make any sort of purchase. Cite your sources heavily and be prepared for critiques. Do your research and present it effectively.

If you simply want to make an awesome costume you're passionate about and care not for sanctioning, I'd just as quickly encourage you to do what you want.

As for this particular discussion, the overall approach is that if someone truly wishes to do a particular outfit, you need to present a specific case. We don't really do 'preapprovals' or anything, it's a matter of what a person is really looking to achieve.

That being said, if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to personally help you along the way, and/or guide you to the right person to assist you better.

In whatever you do, do it well, do it awesome, and take lots of pictures. :P

Found this Gem of a costume at the end of the "Sith Book" Ive been reading

It says he is an "Inquisitor"

20130610_091941_zps107a12a1.jpg

I thought the guy in front was an Emperors Hand. Either way anyone have any other pics of him? The force is definitely strong with that guy. I read that book as well and loved it.

:saber:

I would make that costume in a heart beat if we could prove that one to be valid for submission... its so lovely. I wish i had more photos