• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Danish Nihilus COFT

Heavy1973

Hi all

Helping a friend making his Darth Nihilus COFT and I´ve got a question, because I´m quite confused about the closure on the tunics...

The inner tunic closes how ? (CRL on 501st. says right to left.) here on the forum it says right to left.

The outer tunic closes how ? (CRL on 501st. says left to right.) here on the forum it says also right to left.

I´ve been looking at a lot of other builds, but it didn´t make me any wiser - so can someone please help me out ?

Hi,

There have been some great discussions about this over the years. According to Japanese tradition, the left side should always cross over the right side.... unless the person is dead. For their burial, the right side is crossed over the left side. So there are people who say that the left should pass over the right, while others say that since Nihilus is a Force ghost, he's dead and the right should cross over the left. In all honesty, when you're getting ready for an event and scrambling to get dressed, which side goes over which is usually the last thing on your mind.

To be true to the reference image, it's left side over the top of the right.

DNs.jpg

I had forgotten that some of the information was backwards on the CRL. We talked about that a while back, but it slipped my mind. I'll fix it right now to match the references. Thanks.

Pam :-)

This is how far, we have come... :wink: almost ready to do the approval pics...

Still needs to get the weathering redone, since it´s right now to much like a "halloween" costume" at the botton of the outerskirt and cape...

But other than that, how do you think it looks ??

Guest kimballk

It's really hard to tell from that photo, but I can't really see any weathering...

Some better shots of the cowl and mask would be nice as well.

Also I can't tell if the sleeves are quilted or not.

Short answer... need better pictures to really tell.

Kevin

He´s right now on redoing the weathering, since it as not so good. Thise pics are mostly just to see if we are heading the right direction.

The sleeves are quilted and with ribs on them :wink:

Super, I´ll make sure to get some better pics in front of a neutral wall, when he´s done with the weathering.

If you can give some closer pictures, that would be appreciated. Also, could you spread out your skirting so we can see the volume, it appears a little flat in the photo, from what I can see.

As the others have said, better pictures would be great. To me it looks like the "cat ears" might be a bit small. Once you get some newer pictures up here we will be able to give you more feed back. The costume is looking really great so far in the picture at least. You are certainly very close to having it completed, just may need a few tweeks.

Cheers,

Nef

That is wonderful news! It is always nice to have another Nihilus amongst the 501st ranks. Congrats to your friend!

Cheers,

Nef