• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

TIPS and TRICKS for a "perfect" 501st Darth Talon

Okashi

TIPS and TRICKS for a "perfect" Darth Talon

... as perfect as you can get with a cartoon :mrgreen::mrgreen::roll:

:arrow: BODYPAINT:

These inhuman problem... I recommed paint in your house for the approval photos. Minor stress and more time and more items that in a event.

I see I see, is a waste of makeup. but think. Only two approved Darth Talon. Both paint in her house (two times). If you really think you have enough experience to add the stress and rush of having to paint you to go to an event, you are who knows you best.

My advice is: give it all to have a great photos for approval and after looks like how your local recruiter allows.

I am researching how to do it easier! I found this video and I wrote to the creator to see if we can get it. It would be fantastic! :D :D :D

but in the meantime you will have to use templates or freehand... if you want to be among the first 501st Darth Talon of the world!!

Council on the bodypaint. It is worth spending a little more expensive makeup brands, seriously, I did not listen to Pam and bought Mehron, but Ben Nye much better!! Try with alcohol paints, latex paints, etc.. seek, seek the best for you.

Because even if you paint in your home, they will need five hours of paint and if the paint is not good jump from their bodies before finishing!!

:arrow: The tattoos... the real headache.

My advice.

Print or draw the tattoos, cut them, light glue it to your body. Make some photos and compare. WITH THE COMIC!!

Edit them and repeat the process.

When you think you are fine. Ask somebody who knows Darth Talon and can advise you. (yuhuuu *call* I'm here :D :D)

I know that when a girl making a Darth Talon costume for 501st, are all stressed and blind (yeah, came a point that I myself could not figure out the simplest things).

When you want to try painting on your body starts just 2 or 3 tattoos without red makeup under, you can use a different color makeup if you do not want to spend the black. Even you can paint only the borders without the filling.

Send me the pictures, for forum here, or private or by email. I'll advise you

Each day or week a different group of tattoos. So until you have each and every piece fits with the other.

It will be much more relaxed and perfect.

Then the next step will be painted red and a tattoo above very difficult (chest or stomach, one in the back) and leave it there for 5 or 6 hours. Watch their behavior

I thought about doing this in the arm or leg but the skin seems to be different according to the area or the movement of muscles makes move different the skin. You have to go for tattoos difficult.

Patience and perseverance

Slowly but steady

Make a piece one day and another day another.

And in the end you can see how each piece fits.

:arrow: ARMOR, GLOVES

People do not seem to have problems with armor, but if I see common problems also will do a FAQ

Gloves ABOVE the bicep

If you order shop online, bend your arm and measured at right angle through the elbow

:arrow: BOOTS

Search a cobbler or seamstress to have a machine capable of sewing leather or leatherette and it may prolong your boots.

A simple way to make the boots is so

Boots cover tutorial

http://mostflogged.deviantart.com/art/S ... -365993214

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/tutorials/bootcovers

is cheap and you can do it yourself :), you can find more tutorials online.

Remember that if your fabric is stiff you needed a zipper,

if elastic, sure that this tight at the thigh to keep it from sliding down your leg

more other day

(I remind you that english is not my native language, I can use several hours of my time to do a tutorial)

I also remember that I'm human :mrgreen: if I'm wrong let me know and if you have any ideas to improve something if you want to share it with everyone :)

I would beg not write on this topic so you can keep posting tutorials one after another. If you have something to contribute or scold me, please, send me a private or write in their presentation topics of their costumes

thanks

PS: would beg the webmaster a pin to this topic

Darth Talon face makeup

Something I learned from my makeup, is that one thing to be "screen accurate" and another thing is look like a bearded raccoon.

Darth Talon is supposed to be sexy, the face changes according makeup.

1) If the profile of your face, keep your jaw lines, you will be very thick, however, if the lines are separated from your jaw and cheek cross, you look more stylish.

This draws are of a friend (thanks Gonzo :D)

SI = YES

130520101313893617.jpg

13052010131692645.jpg

:arrow:The left eye

Somewhere, perhaps in tattoos who gave Jan Duursema, painted left eye we see a very round and big.

It will be screen-accurate but is horrible, seem a raccoon!

I vote to make the drawing more feline, as in this and other images of comic

Seek to look feline and dangerous

Legacy2Closeup.jpg

:arrow: This image can also see that the tattoo chest reaches to the collarbone

:arrow:the chin

Here you have to be careful not to appear to have a beard.

Those lines that come from the lips, there leave some space red between the lips and those tattoos will look more sexy.

The chest tattoo. More big and more up, to the clavicles, and two spikes go to the center.

130512123957306935.jpg

The stomach tattoo. More thick. see the image.

Not do more tests to have the bra, the bra can change much of your cleavage area.

remember that tattoos hips, lower back and leg are connected

:arrow:The back bottom tattoo.

Encircled in green. in this draw we can see clearly the tattoo.

I understand that the creator has not drawn that tattoo in such detail in other cartoons (encircled in blue).

I would like you to do the difficult tattoo to approval (green circle) and if you prefer, use the simple tattoo (blue circle) for events if you hurry.

130512125050999222.jpg

I would beg not write on this topic so I can keep posting tutorials one after another. If you have something to contribute or scold me, please, send me a private or write in their presentation topics of their costumes

thanks

PS: would beg the webmaster a pin to this topic

Hello is there a shopping list for the materials compiled by someone? What I need to make the armor and straps and such. Or can I message or email someone to have a one on one chat. Thanks so much