• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Raxus Prime costume build! Please help!

Guest jolivarri

Hi Jason,

Have you had a chance to look over the standards for this character yet? If so, please let us know if you have any questions. It helps to know exactly what you need guidance with. As fun as action poses are, it's also helpful to take standing pictures when you need a costume critique. I'm sure you've probably spotted the details that you would need to work on, such as removing the black elements from your costume and matching up the brown tones a bit more. Things like that can make an amazing difference in the accuracy of a costume. One of the things you'll learn as you work on your costumes (and then get completely addicted to working on them) is that the details make a huge difference, and we're never really finished tinkering with what we've made. There's always a piece that can be better... that's half the fun of costuming! (The other half is seeing the looks on kids' faces when they spot you in the costume and think you stepped right off the screen!)

Pam :-)

As stated above about the poses. Just to add to that, what I do is I literally line up the Original images and side by side compare them in Photoshop.

i also take screenshots of the characters and do the exact pose side by side compare If you want to see what I mean heres an example of what I mean

This is one I did when I turned in my Starkiller (Galen Marek) robes for the Rebel Legion

sideactionshot_zps7bfb946e.jpg

These are great to do because it shows the intricate details of what you accomplished in comparison to the "real" image

With that said, this is one of my top 5 favorite Starkiller costumes youve done, and if I was a man (and shaved head) I would try and pull it off.