• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Yuuzhan Vong

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If i can advise on fabrics and makeup (my areas of experience) then i'm happy to.

^ This is an incorrect statement.

It should read:

If i can advise on fabrics and makeup (my areas of awe inspiring genius) then i'm happy to.

Pam :-)

Hey Pam. It's great of you drop in, and I completely concur with you.

I must say that doing my Yuuzhan Vong has been a huge challange, but there is talent out there way beyong my own, and I still can't figure out why no one else has done one. I've seen world class scultors, model makers and designers in the 501st, so surely someone else must be inspired enough to do a Yuuzhan Vong. Mine would be easy to better, and I'm not just dissing my costume. I am sure with the talent pool out there someone can smash it to pieces.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i can advise on fabrics and makeup (my areas of experience) then i'm happy to.

^ This is an incorrect statement.

It should read:

If i can advise on fabrics and makeup (my areas of awe inspiring genius) then i'm happy to.

Pam :-)

LOl, ok! :D

Guest Daritha

Just saw your pictures and updates: I'm very impressed with the costume. Of course, there are some changes it needs; above all: dirt! The costume and make-up looks to new and not worn like its typical for SW costumes.

But this is tinkering with it. The overall look and the potential I see in this work is ... gorgeous! Kudos to you for making this one! :)

Guest Anonymous
Just saw your pictures and updates: I'm very impressed with the costume. Of course, there are some changes it needs; above all: dirt! The costume and make-up looks to new and not worn like its typical for SW costumes.

But this is tinkering with it. The overall look and the potential I see in this work is ... gorgeous! Kudos to you for making this one! :)

Hey there. Thanks so much for the comment. It was a long project, and, like you say, it isn't quite finished. I agree that it needs some aging, but that will come by natural course I suspect.

I have to say that it's a fun costume to wear.

Ray.