• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

70th Explorers Darth Traya

Guest TK-9010

Guest TK-9010

Hello Everybody I'm Trenton Tobin DZ-9010 GML for the 70th Explorers Garrison.

I've got a person wanting to do this costume I've suggested she comes over here for research but I'm always up to help someone on their way to membership.

She sent me a Question about the boots, wanting to know if a one inch heel was acceptable.

I personally feel a one inch heel is a pretty standard and conservative size for most boots and have no problems with it. But would like to receive a clarification here.

I plan to use this Thread to keep you guys updated on progress and ask any questions I can't answer for her along with any other members from my garrison who decides to do this costume.

Guest Azziekat

hello! I'm the 70th explorer attempting to put together a Darth Traya outfit.

I've been searching around for the boots at local stores, and have not had any luck finding something that would fit. I did find a place online that sells boots that might work. I was wondering about the following style.

The boots that caught my attention was these: http://www.motorcowboy.com/product/AAYL ... o-fit.html

I can order it in black, so color is not an issue. I'm wondering, is the heel to high? and the strap around the middle, would that work?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest Azziekat

I have another question:

The head piece.. does it have to be leather? Or can it be a cloth or rubber material?

hello! I'm the 70th explorer attempting to put together a Darth Traya outfit.

I've been searching around for the boots at local stores, and have not had any luck finding something that would fit. I did find a place online that sells boots that might work. I was wondering about the following style.

The boots that caught my attention was these: http://www.motorcowboy.com/product/AAYL ... o-fit.html

I can order it in black, so color is not an issue. I'm wondering, is the heel to high? and the strap around the middle, would that work?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Oops, sorry I didn't see this post before.

Those boots? Pfftt. Those are mine in the picture. I paid a fortune for them to go with my Aayla costume. They were supposedly made off my measurements, but even after multiple attempts to get them stretched, I still can't wear them. The top of the foot is so tight, it presses down on the bones there and really hurts. When I told them, they shrugged it off and told me to get them stretched. Most expensive costuming mistake I've made in a long while.

And, the heel is a bit too high for Traya.

Pam :-)

I have another question:

The head piece.. does it have to be leather? Or can it be a cloth or rubber material?

It should be leather. Cloth would not be approved, and a rubber material against forehead skin is a bad idea. We tried that with my husband's Shado Vao head wrap which is quite similar in shape, and he couldn't wear it. It was hot and rubbed and made him miserable.

Leather breathes, takes the shape well, and looks right.

Guest Azziekat

Thanks for the response. :D

I found some equestrian boots that i'm hoping i can get altered a little and stretched. Sorry to hear about your issues with ordering online. :(

Figured i would ask about the headress. I tried to faux leather and didn't like the look. Trying real leather now and keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi,

Real leather makes the best quality headpiece, I think. If you get veg-tanned leather, you can soak it and then really get exactly the shape you need. That's what I like to use for the forehead wrap on my Twi'lek costumes, and it does really well!

There is some information about working with leather down in the tutorials area, if you need it.