• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Danish Visas Marr unseen, unheard... (WIP)

Heavy1973

So update...

The gloves are finished...

The inner dress needs to get the sleeves and length right + needs the golden pattern on the sleeves, but I´m happy with the inner dress :wink:

The belt is also almost ready, only needs some snaps...

So all in all - almost there :D

Guest VampKitty

Hello I love the work both of you have done, I've just started to get my VS unseen build together, have the boots gloves under dress fabric and gold fabric paint so far.

just need to find a pattern for the under dress and sleeves.

also I see Aysel you made the outer dress for her are you able to make another one??? for a future Australian Redback Garrison VS.

Hello I love the work both of you have done, I've just started to get my VS unseen build together, have the boots gloves under dress fabric and gold fabric paint so far.

just need to find a pattern for the under dress and sleeves.

also I see Aysel you made the outer dress for her are you able to make another one??? for a future Australian Redback Garrison VS.

Hi

I just used a pattern of a normal a-line dress for the inner dress and made the sleeves with the normal pattern, just streching it out to get the "wing"sleeves.

It´s a great outfit, and I´m really looking forward to getting this one finished... I´ve a bad back, so my Biker scout armor isn´t so comfortable after an hour or so, so I wanted to get an outfit, that wasn´t with a lot of armor and still look awesome for the kids to see.

I´m sure, that you will get a lot of help for this build, and perhaps you can talk Katie into making you one too :wink:

Vampkitty-

if you search McCalls pattern 9456 you will find the pattern that Pam talks about in her tutorial. Only thing you would need to change is to redesign the sleeves to be wider and make the dress floor length and possibly remove some of the fullness.

Pam's tutorial is http://chucrew.com/Visas/outerdress.html

and this is what the pattern looks like. [attachment=0]mccalls 9456 pattern picture.jpg[/attachment] Unfortunately when I went to the local fabric store I found it was out of print - but you can easily find one online if you search the specific pattern number. I think I got my pattern for $1.99

Little update...

I´m having huge problems with the pattern on the veil and sleeves... is it okay, if I find a golden embroid lace with a smiliar pattern to sew on, or shall the pattern be exactly like the one on the pics ?

I´ve bought some fabric golden paint, but I just can´t get it to work on the fabric :(

Any help are more then welcome....

what type of fabric paint did you get? On mine my husband just free hand painted the pattern on the sleeves and veil (his hands don't shake) so it doesn't have to be exact, but I did include the pattern just for a starting point so you'd have an idea of where to take it.

I used this http://www.dickblick.com/products/jacqu ... -acrylics/ on mine. I hope this helps

what type of fabric paint did you get? On mine my husband just free hand painted the pattern on the sleeves and veil (his hands don't shake) so it doesn't have to be exact, but I did include the pattern just for a starting point so you'd have an idea of where to take it.

I used this http://www.dickblick.com/products/jacqu ... -acrylics/ on mine. I hope this helps

Hi Katie

I bought the Pebeo touch textile paint on tubes - but I just can´t get it to look right. I´ve tried with both the tube and with a pensel.

Yes and thanks, it was very nice of you ;)

Oki - I´ll just finish my new idea and see, how it will Work. I´ve drawn the pattern on a gold fabric and then cut it out - then I´ll transfer it to the dress and veil with textil glue.

Pics will come later ;)

Hugs

Great day - got the golden pattern on to the sleeves and veil, so now I only need to get the front piece sewn on the veil, get the belt right and hem the outerdress at the feets... ;)

You can see my project and progress here:

http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/Heidi ... ory/30621#

Great day - got the golden pattern on to the sleeves and veil...

I had a feeling that might work out for you since your paints were giving you so much trouble.

Great day - got the golden pattern on to the sleeves and veil...

I had a feeling that might work out for you since your paints were giving you so much trouble.

Yes that paint was a real pain... but this seems to work, and my mum is helping me out right now with the front piece of the veil. She´s going to sew it on for me... so soon now... :D

So, got the reply from my GML

1) I need to shorten the veil

2) I shall be more pall... (that´s an optional accessorie as to the CRL, so I don´t quite understand that one)

3) I´m not allowed to have the lightsaber on the pics... ( ? )

Well, my mum is going to help me with the veil and the two other points are not a problem...

Hopefully I can re-send pics monday...

2) I shall be more pall... (that´s an optional accessorie as to the CRL, so I don´t quite understand that one)

Well, my mum is going to help me with the veil and the two other points are not a problem...

You will bring the costume to life with the added makeup.

For the garrison roster pics, they need to be as cannon as possible. So incorrect blasters/sabers/glasses/earrings/blasters are not permitted in them.

You've done a great job and should be proud of your costume.

You will bring the costume to life with the added makeup.

For the garrison roster pics, they need to be as cannon as possible. So incorrect blasters/sabers/glasses/earrings/blasters are not permitted in them.

You've done a great job and should be proud of your costume.

Hi

Oki, but shouldn´t the pale make-up then be in the CRL as a must have and not as an optional accessorie ? it´s kind of a bummer to send in approval pics without and then get the info, that one have to have it.

Super - I couldn´t get any explanation from my GML on, why I wasn´t allowed to have it on the pic - I´ve ordered a speciel made lightsaber, but I won´t get it before next year. It looks like the one in the CRL with a red blade ;)

Thank you so much - I´m very happy about it and I´m going to make the changes today with some help from my mum regarding the veil and hopefully get new pics on their way also.

Cheers