• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Malgus Costume

Guest Darth Serberus

Guest Darth Serberus

Im about halfway through this build, but couldn't resist doing a few test shots with strictly shoulders up as the rest is incomplete.

Was a good way to see what needs to be improved upon.

Hope to have it ready for CEII. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

1f9aa2f0e6a6d88889f4bcf8115170cc.jpg

d199aecffc78b4fa583f212dbc74d033.jpg

472e9244aeee4924ab55e1b56dba7baa.jpg

I will preempt my message with this: Holy crud that is flippin' awesome, fantastic work.

I don't think we have an official CRL or other standard out there yet for Malgus. Even still I'd want to see full body shots, and compare with some good source material in order to get it all lined up. Then do a point by point comparison just for awesomeness. Why? For science! (And getting some standards lined up).

Wow! That is looking amazing! How did you do the make-up? Is it a full face prosthetic or pieces? I'm always curious about make-up with costumes.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Darth Serberus
Wow! That is looking amazing! How did you do the make-up? Is it a full face prosthetic or pieces? I'm always curious about make-up with costumes.

Cheers,

Nef

Thanks guys, so nice to hear such encouraging comments. :)

The make-up is actually a CFX mask that I heavily adapted. Was going to go down the prosthetic make up route but this works just as well if not better. Put it this way, if I was asked to make this for a movie this is the solution I'd use.

There's no issues with the mouth as it is always covered by the breather.

Bit quicker than a 2 hour make up job any way! Lol

Finally got the whole costume finished yesterday just in time to shoot some film test footage. Still a few tweaks needed but it's basically there.

I'll post a link to a bit of vid as soon as I get the producers clearance to show it. :wink:

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

That looks amazing mate.

I have the sideshow 1:1 statue if you need any close up shots for reference on anything particular just send me a pm.

Guest Darth Serberus

Thanks for the positive comments guys, you are very kind. :D

Finally got this all finished a few weeks back.

Firstly here's a vid of the first try on-

Still a few tweaks needed but it's pretty much there now.

I'll be bringing Malgus to CEII which will be my first troop in the costume so we shall see how it all holds up.

And here are some pics we took with added saber effects.

MalgusFX.jpg

MalgusFX2.jpg

MalgusFX3.jpg

MalgusFX4.jpg