• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Star Killer Redemption Costume

Guest Stiltlady

Guest Stiltlady

I know this is more than likely a Rebel Legion version of Starkiller, BUT.....a friend of mine has not gotten any feedback from them, so I am asking you.

Does the hood, beige sleeves and pants match in color? According to the standard they do, but the reference photos appear different. Galen Marek (Death Star Duel) yes it is a computer picture. Also need recommendations on how to do the leather weave on the chest plate.

I know he has more questions and I will post them as we discuss them.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you have some reference pictures? Since this isn't a Flagship costume, I've never studied it or collected images.

Pam :-)

what she said ^_^ we can help get you pointed in the right direction, with break downs and possible build techniques.

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

My favorite picture of the costume.

gfs_75754_2_2_mid%5B1%5D.jpg

This one is an actual in-game render, but from TFU2. I've yet to find any high quality screenshots of the costume on the Death Star level from the first Force Unleashed. The sleeves, pants and hood all look closer to grey in the first game.

SWTFU22012-10-1317-15-59-39.png

The question is on the shoulder 'bells' and the chest armor piece. How those are supposed to be made and such.

I work with leather some and I would approach it one of two ways.

One is that you actually get a couple of shots and tear it down to a strap by strap level, find some way to identify them each individually and then secure them from behind somehow.

The other option is that you make it all one piece of leather, then with a tool, probably something that cuts into it, or something that just leaves an impression, I'd scribe each of the lines very heavily. This would require a fairly thick piece of hide. Then, after all that, I'd run some black dye down in the seems very carefully, or use a dirty trick and do it with sharpie. This would really emphasize the difference in pieces.

All a theory here, no proven result that this would actually be an acceptable end result.

Hello!! I might be able to help you on this if you still need the help. I am in the process of making this costume and ill tell you its a doozy.

Heres what I did.

The hood is a white..its dirty white (and its dirty( i made it the same material as the shirt.

Ive got dozens of ref images as well as a breakdown on my WIP. I will also be rewriting the standards as some things are not clear

Heres my WIP

If you have ANY questions mail me

Ive spent the better part of 15 hours just LOOKING at the way its built ;)

Ps- This costume is called "Jedi Adventure Robe" :)

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47613

Guest Stiltlady

Amidala - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no skills for massive leather working.

I am actually just beginning to enter the world of self-created cosplay.

Some of this can be very daunting.

My friend is hoping that we can do this bit by bit as he is on a limited budget & yet still in a timely manner.

I will definitely be checking out your link.

PLEASE mail if you need ANY HELP WITH THIS COSTUME!!

I hear you! I am VERY new to cosplay and working with leather. I only joined the Rebel Legion 3 months ago and the 501st a month ago now. But Ive been sewing for years

I priced out real leather for that costume 350.00 with tandy.. its ridiculous. also because of the shape and size needed for the back piece in particular you need a HUGE piece.

I HIGHLY recommend just going to Joannes with a 40% off coupon and buying the Upholstery Boat Leather (its fake) it feels beautiful! its an off white (not quite creme) as you can see from my pics it gives a great sheen your looking for just like on the real one.

I think I did one yard, was a whopping 9$.

Use FAKE Leather i cant stress this enough... cause if you messup on real... thats a 300+ dollar mistake! ;)

BTW back when I posted that I was just in the process of making those robes. When finished I was approved in just a couple days. So if you make a WIP on the Rebel Legion Jedi Boards and just go from there, you will be set! :) Lots and lots of helpful Jedi (Including myself) to aid you in making this costume.

Also yesterday afternoon a book I ordered weeks ago came. Its Starwars the force unleashed Art book, ill take some photos of the robes that are in it!