• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Boredom + Razors....

And there I was, sitting around on yet another rainy day here in Atlanta, scrolling through my Bandon pics.

After griping to my kids about how i needed to clean up (hadn't shaved mah head or face since I started on vaca on 7/9), i grabbed a razor, a lightsaber prop, and off i sent :-P

Anyway...someone at work was saying how much i looked like Bandon (i don't see it...but doesn't matter)....

I call the one of me "Darth Bandon pre-sith/Jedi Concept" (aka...izzie's bored). I have cleaned up the 'tee a lil so it's not so crooked. A short 8 y/o + cam + bad posture makes the goatee look worse than it is

bandonme.jpg

...now back to our regularly scheduled programs.

Thx. I wasn't even thinking of resemblence. When I first spoke with Thomas about it, i was merely looking for bald characters.

It wasn't until I pulled up the headshot that my gf and others were telling me about the resemblence (which I still have a hard time seeing).

I'm glad tho....just reaffirms my choice in costume ;)

Ah... finally I get to post to this thread! (Tried twice this afternoon, but kept getting an 'invalid something or other' message.)

Yup, definitely a pretty close resemblance to the character. Good choice!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous
And there I was, sitting around on yet another rainy day here in Atlanta, scrolling through my Bandon pics.

After griping to my kids about how i needed to clean up (hadn't shaved mah head or face since I started on vaca on 7/9), i grabbed a razor, a lightsaber prop, and off i sent :-P

Anyway...someone at work was saying how much i looked like Bandon (i don't see it...but doesn't matter)....

I call the one of me "Darth Bandon pre-sith/Jedi Concept" (aka...izzie's bored). I have cleaned up the 'tee a lil so it's not so crooked. A short 8 y/o + cam + bad posture makes the goatee look worse than it is

bandonme.jpg

...now back to our regularly scheduled programs.

Holy *$!&!

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!! Oh MAN! I knew you had to be Bandon before, but now it's freaking REQUIRED.

OMGOMGOMG!

Excuse me, I need to have a costuming fan-girl moment.

- Carolyn

Holy *$!&!

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!! Oh MAN! I knew you had to be Bandon before, but now it's freaking REQUIRED.

OMGOMGOMG!

- Carolyn

I like love you man! :-P

@TX1332 - lol ....emo + izzie = no :-P ....but ya it did

Guest Anonymous

Holy *$!&!

OMGOMGOMG!

- Carolyn

I like love you man! :-P

@TX1332 - lol ....emo + izzie = no :-P ....but ya it did

Hee hee! I will refrain from Sith gushiness. ;)

Guest Anonymous

I gotta echo everyone else, Mad - you TOTALLY have to do this costume!! The resemblance is almost creepy, except that I'm totally jealous that you so closely look like a character in the universe!!!

Can't WAIT to see the progress on this one. :D

LOL....not unless they did some shots while i was sleeping one day.

And yes...before anyone asks...i'm STILL working on this. We've recently discussed changing the approach on the body armor, so we'll see.

Me too LOL.

I'm grinding on my RC til I get that done since I have to utilize someone else's time for it (i dunno how to do 1/2 that stuff).

Once that's done, I'll be focusing back on D.B.

I need to get video of him again b/c I am re-thinking the armor. In the game, it's a fiber armor, not too dissimilar from US Military Carbon Fiber Armor that they are currently testing (carbon fiber nano-tubes. tubes of carbon fiber 1 atom thick). Note the chest of this img....as you can see in texture, it's almost identical from the normal Bandon armor "look."

_44169195_armour_usarmy_long.jpg

SO ya....may be nixing the leather and going alternate route...possible molding/vacuumforming or fiberglassing/covering w/ something that looks like that. TBD.