IMaDesignerd

501st Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • TKID
    12202

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    I can always paint it again to remove the weathering.
  2. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    Thanks! I need to increase the sensitivity on the swooshes, but other than that, I really love how it came out. I hope to get crackin' on the soft parts here really soon.
  3. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    OMG. Its been so long, but living in Socal and the Star Wars land announcement has me FIRED UP again! I got the ok from the wife to purchase the fabric so I am rarin' to go! Over the last few months, I was able to create and finish a fully functional RGB Darth Nihilus hilt. It is loaded with Darth Nihilus sounds, flash on clash, swooshes, and blaster fire blocks. It was a labor of love and I think its.....perfect. Here are a few pics and a couple links to videos of how it works. The third picture is an in-progress pic that shows the internals and the 3d printed chassis I made.
  4. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    Thanks! I am planning out the sewing now. I pulled the pattern out of the box in my garage and it all makes sense except for the wide band on the inner edges of the tunic. I've been comparing the pattern with the P&S tutorial. The band appears to be an separate interfaced strip that is sew on to the main tunic, I just don't understand how to attach it so that it looks good. The instructions are unclear to my noob brain. I'm also a bit stumped about how to approach the sleeve quilting. Seems like I could cut two layers of the sleeve fabric out, add interfacing, and then sew the outer layers back to back at about 1" spacing. Any experienced sewing people out there that can walle through this process? Or point me in the direction of a tutorial video? As for the mask/hood, I think I am going to try and make a "helmet" with a low profile hard hat, cat ears, black undermask and outer white mask attached to it. Then I can Velcro the hood to it so it won't blow off. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  5. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    Well, its time to get back on this project. I have been looking at building a saber and buying the fabrics. I really need to dig up some props to sell. LOL Maybe I can start building my "cat ears" first. That shouldn't cost much...
  6. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    I finished my mask today. All painted and weathered. The image doesn't look as good as it does in person. I'm going to have to get creative coming up with the money for the robes. I need to ponder it a while.... Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  7. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    Yus!!! I can always use the help of another Sith Lord with your amazing costuming skillz! I am trying to scrape together the money for the raw silk, but I think I am going to give this one a go on my sewing machine. I haven't ever taken on a project this big, but I think I can manage. The only thing I am really worried about is making the quilted sleeves and attaching them to the under robes. Maybe you could help me with that?
  8. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    Here is another mask progress pic as promised earlier. I think it's ready for the final paint job. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  9. IMaDesignerd

    Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

    Greetings everyone! I have been lurking here a long time and I have finally decided to start a COTF Nihilus. I am already a member of the 501st and I wanted to make a sith. I loved the Kotor games so Nihilus was the clear choice. I have already begun working on the mask. I found a 3D printer file on online and printed it up. The file adheres to the CRL so I think it should be good to go. I have been sanding and filling it getting it ready for paint. Its almost ready. I am trying to figure out how I can make the surface look more like bone... Here is a picture of the mask after light sanding. Sorry about the terrible lighting. I will post another picture of my current progress later.