• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Armor Build - Anchorhead Outpost

Guest slave1pilot

Guest slave1pilot
Hi Guys,

May I know what is the name of the cloth you got for the cloak? Is some type of fleece or cordroy?

I really wish that we knew.

We purchased it down in the LA garment district. nothing is really labelled down there and it's just a madhouse LOL

About all I know is that it's upholstery fabric.

If you've never been to the Fashion District, it's just shops with bolts of material like this:

stock-photo-bolts-of-textiles-in-the-los-angeles-fashion-district-45358.jpg

fabric+district.jpg

Life+Time+Road+Trip+766.jpg

Guest Anonymous

If I may, I can attest to the quality of A the robe and B the helmet. It is actually breathtaking. The whole thing looks professionally made and painted its phenomenal although now I am trying to figure how to put it together :-P. As for the robe which I was fortunate to get in on this run looks phenomenal as well. I requested a photo of the painted sleeves and realized Lee has far better skills at doing this than I. As slave1pilot said he is a professional and his service has been that way as well. I cannot wait till the armor is complete to put this thing all together.

e

Guest jwinnington
If I may, I can attest to the quality of A the robe and B the helmet. It is actually breathtaking. The whole thing looks professionally made and painted its phenomenal although now I am trying to figure how to put it together :-P. As for the robe which I was fortunate to get in on this run looks phenomenal as well. I requested a photo of the painted sleeves and realized Lee has far better skills at doing this than I. As slave1pilot said he is a professional and his service has been that way as well. I cannot wait till the armor is complete to put this thing all together.

e

I agree. This thread is the one to watch. It is very impressive. Thanks guys.

Guest slave1pilot

Hi guys.

i just returned from a 3 week trip out of state.

We have been at a standstill due to my work priorities (and some personal obligations), but I hope to get back at it very soon.

As far as a full kit, I'm not sure on that.

We are going to make the pieces for the full costume one at a time and offer them up.

As long as interest remains solid, we will continue on with the next piece.

I know that seems like an odd way to do it, but it makes the most sense to us.

Thanks for supporting us along the way and we really appreciate the kind words and compliments from everyone.

Let me know if you have any parts available at the moment, the mask, robe, etc... I'll take one of everything you got. I already have a full acolyte costume but it definitely doesn't compare to the detail and intricacy of your build. Seriously hands down best work I've seen, keep it up.

Guest shdwtrpr13

I'd love to work on this kit of yours in the near future. It's beautiful and I would love to wear it. But at the moment I'm going through a move and getting ready for my wedding. So next year. Just save me a kit.;)

Guest slave1pilot

The robes are no longer available.It was a small run by a friend

we haven't found any suitable material since the original order.

The armor itself is on hold due to limited interest and other projects.

The masks are still available, but the backs are not.

PM me if you are interested in the helmet front.

Guest slave1pilot

Hello everyone.

It's been a year or so with no updates or progress.

Sadly, we did not continue the build.

We had high hopes, but the interest just isn't high enough to justify the huge expense of continuing the build .

We do apologize for disappointing everyone.

I still have the helmet fronts available, but they will be built to order.

If you are interested (and ready to pay) PM me.

I will pull your helmet when you confirm your order, but won't accept payment until it's ready.

I do this just in case the mold fails. We will not be making a new mold. (although we still have the original master intact)