• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Wonderflex? (Nihl armor & possibly Lekku?)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm still in the learning process and I am trying to gather all the reasonable and realistic options for putting together Darth Nihl's top half.

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/wonderfl ... exFAQ.html

I'm wondering if anyone has has any real experience with this stuff? If so could you show me some examples of your work and a summary of how you got to that point.

I am considering it on top of a base of some sort for the shoulder armor. I am also wondering if wonderflex (or even fosshape) could be used for lekku?

Interesting. I've never worked with that material before (or heard about it, even)..... but it does look like it has some good potential. I like the fact that it flexes more than sintra, which for the most part can only take curves in one direction. Nicely made tutorial as well.

If you try some out, take lots of pictures and write up a tutorial of your own so that we can see how things went!

Pam :-)

I have my reservations about Sintra for Bandon's shoulder armor, so I may be going this route. I'm going to hit up some hobby and art supply stores to day to see if i can find it anywhere (although i doubt it).

Guest Anonymous

Sintra is rather a pain to work with, as it only bends. You soften it in HOT water, shape it/mold it, then run COLD water over it to set it into shape.

Arx(Miss Jayn) is working with Wonder flex as is CLM.

So you'll have to ask them about the Wonder flex....

Guest Anonymous

I have only worked with sintra. I might have to check out this wonderflex stuff thanks for the info Vkitten.

Guest Anonymous

I have only found sintra online. I havent tried any plastic specialty stores in my area. I have poly carb Lightsaber blades made up at my spec plastic store they didnt have any sintra if i remember correctly.

Guest Anonymous
can you get any of this stuff in retail stores (Sintra *OR* Wonderflex), or is it pretty much an online only thing?

Wonderflex is not available in stores, but you can find it at the following sites:

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/wonderfl ... rflex.html

http://www.cosworx.com/

It's a little on the expensive side, but cheaper than other things that I have found.