• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Armor - Mynock's build - Completed and 501st Approved!

Mynock

Haven't posted in a while, but this month was crazy busy and exciting for me at the same time!

BioWare invited me to New York City to be a guest judge at a cosplay contest they hosted during the Comic Con week at the Hard Rock cafe, for their Knights of the Fallen Empire pre-launch Cantina event. It was a tremendous honour and a ton of fun! Here's a photo of my judge tag I brought back with me as a souvenir.

20151008_174248_med.jpeg

I brought a Sith Acolyte helmet to gift to the BioWare team as a thank you for giving me such an amazing opportunity. You can see the helmet on the table in front of www.ladyinsanity.com's Ashe Soriano and I as we chatted about the contest, prop-making, and other things live on Twitch during the event. 

20151008_210824-1_med.jpeg

Also attended a local con, and here are some photos that were taken of me in my kit today at the C4 Central Canada Comic Con in Winnipeg. This is Version 2 of my Sith Armor, which features a V2 chest plate, and a full SIth Acolyte helmet. Since the Acolytes are seen without a hood in the latest Blur cinematic "Sacrifice" for Knights of the Fallen Empire, and since I made an accurate back piece for the helmet, I can now run around without having the hood up. This really cuts down on heat retention, which is a blessing! Also, the two halves of the helmet join up with neodymium magnets, which makes taking the mask off for quick cool downs really handy!

20151031_152923_med-2.jpeg

20151031_152915_med.jpeg

20151031_154601_med.jpeg

20151031_161319_med.jpeg

20151031_162341_med.jpeg

20151031_163523_med.jpeg