• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lumiya's Armor

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK, so there's the issue with the armor. Which of the following alternatives would make a better costume?

1. Buying a black unitard bodysuit. Then put metallic silver thigh-high "boots", a long gauntlet for her left arm, and the shoulder armor/right arm armor over the bodysuit.

2. Custom making a bodysuit where the "metallic" parts of her legs are part of the bodysuit (metallic silver spandex).

If I'm not making any sense in --2, I can post a link to an Ebay listing that has a picture of what I mean. The metallic parts of the suit are in the wrong places, but it illustrates the general concept. Thanks for everyone's input so far. It's helped me immensely. :D

My suggestion for the boots would be to get a vinyl or latex metallic bodysuit with built in boots and cut it down to the shape for the boots. The belt can be fixed to the tops of the boots via hidden snaps. That would give the proper look. The same material can be used for the upper body also. Lining the fabric with something should give it a good wear strength as well as thickening it to look like metal.

What I ended up doing was going to the local shoe repair place and buying some thin plastic soles I can sew the bodysuit to. That way I will have the seamless look which is in all of the pics of Lumiya. The soles are also light enough that I can handwash the costume once it's finished.

Maia