• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Silly photo's and much more...

Nefthys

Hello,

We're been having a bit of fun lately in our local garrison, as well as a fun day out in the mountains for a photo shoot. I thought I would share some of the pictures we've taken. I know a lot of these won't seem very "in character", but we like to have our fun behind the scenes, and sometimes in the scene too!

The garrison hasn't had a silly video of photo's put together for sometime and many members wanted another one, so I thought I'd put something together. I was also taking Adobe Flash at the time in class so I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. The whole thing was done in Flash, with all the animation and vector art done by me. The stormtrooper took the most time out of everything to make and animate.

Youtube Link:

My best friend Jojo (Lux from League of Legends), my boyfriend (The Mandalorian) and I headed out to Banff National Park to take some photo's of our costumes. We had a great day scaring hikers, as well as coming up with many silly, and awesome, photographs.

Flickr Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39465850@N ... 171831842/

I shared the link to the Banff photoshoot on the Mercs forums and Kelan Ord did an amazing photoshop edit to one of the pictures that I really like. I thought I would share his creation here too.

kelan_ord_photoshop.jpg

And lastly, got some sweet new bling on my car! I already have the Imperial Cog on the back door and the Mass Effect Alliance crest on the hood of the car. Time to add some Mandalorian stuff since my costume is almost complete.

windowmando.jpg

Current projects that are going on and Star Wars related are an illustration for a Mandalorian friend. As well as a super silly little interactive website where you can dress up sith lords in cute accessories.

Sneak Peek!

Illustration so far, hoping to have it done this week.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn27 ... _sofar.jpg

Darth Nihilus sporting a new hat!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn27 ... n/n_1f.png

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share some of the laughs our group has been having lately! Hope you enjoy.

If anyone else has some fun pictures, or anything else, post them up! It's great to see how other garrisons get their dose of fun into troops and other every day life.

Cheers,

Nef

I meant to post this in the Off Topic area, and put it here by accident. Ooops!

If it's in the wrong place, could an admin move it? Thanks!

Cheers,

Nef

Some Canada Day silliness from the troop we did.

Darth Nihilus shows off his mad hop scotch skills to the Mando's and Sand people.

hopscotch.jpg

Nihilus and his trusty steed!

horsey.jpg

The whole gang after the troop having a bit of fun for the group photo.

playpark.jpg

All I have to say is I was very impressed the TK was able to make it up to the top of the monkey bars all on his own. It was pretty funny to watch him get down though, hehe.

Cheers,

Deez

Today at my boyfriends work they were all given Snuggies. Those blankets with arms built in. So I decided to get comfy in his snuggie.

snuggy_nihilus1_small_zps54da588d.jpg

Yes, he works at BioWare ;)

Guest Sarah1968
Fantastic. Probably made those photo people's day too I hope. Not every day Troopers and a Sith Lord walk in for photos.

Indeed. Apparently we made their day. Photo will be going up on their Wall of Fame :)