• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Wyyrlok III

Guest Nihilus

Guest Nihilus

Seeing things fell through with my last planed costume has fallen through seeing that I was sadly unable to get hold of anymore pics. I found Darth Wyyrlok III who there is a lot more pics of and who isn't added to the 501st datebase. I getting a lot pics together and also getting some more thanks to a friend that happens to have all the comics with him in it.

I am working out how to go about doing the head. I am thinking of using tinfoil to shape the head but not sure what I need to cover it with to get the red skin. Any help will be very much appreciated :) This one my side projects while I am working on my Darth Nihilus which I am still waiting on the tailors. So thought I might have a look at forming the head piece first.

Here are pics of Darth Wyyrlok III for those that may not know him...

384797-199469-darth-wyyrlok_large.jpg?t=1334125795

Darth_Wyyrlok_Pencils.jpg

20080521215442Darth_Wyyrlok.jpg

309px-SithConfrontation.jpg

This pic shows you his boots and knee armour plates.

darthwyyrlok02principal_display.png

Close up of his armour around his neck.

430px-WyyrlokSurprise-Legacy47.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure how you would use tinfoil as a base...

If it was me, I would do a head cast of myself, sculpt it out of clay, then make a silicone mask. LOTS of work, but that would be a way to make sure it comes out awesome.

It might be possible for me to make my sculpt in multiple parts and so be able to have them be used for male and female Chagrians...

http://neimhaille.tumblr.com/tagged/Shaak%20Ti

This was my last big head sculpt, done as three molds. :)

Seriously, excited about the prospect of your Wyrlok II getting done :) I really felt alone in my Chagrian love :)

Guest Sarah1968
It might be possible for me to make my sculpt in multiple parts and so be able to have them be used for male and female Chagrians...

http://neimhaille.tumblr.com/tagged/Shaak%20Ti

This was my last big head sculpt, done as three molds. :)

Seriously, excited about the prospect of your Wyrlok II getting done :) I really felt alone in my Chagrian love :)

Nothing to add to this thread except the Darth Wyyrlok III character build would be awesome.

And also - good gravy woman your costumes are out of this world!! What a top job you've done.

Congrats mdb.

Guest Nihilus

Thanks Sarah :)

Had a great chat with Doc's and she has given me some great advice at how to go about doing the head piece I need for him.. I am so excited about getting started on it. :D

Guest Nihilus

Here a design of his belt I just done up from the comic pics.

I am thinking the front center is metal and the clips on sides as well then held to the belt with studs. The belt is then fasten at the back with velcro :)

DarthWyyrlokIIIbelt.jpg

Guest Nihilus

Here is some more designs I have worked on to help me with making up the armour for Darth Wyyrlok III. Things are coming a long great with the plan stage, can't wait to get the stuff I need to make a start on it.

DarthWyyrlokIIIchestamour.jpg

DarthWyyrlokIIIgroinplate.jpg

DarthWyyrlokIIIbeltandgroinplate.jpg

Guest Nihilus

Thanks Okashi :)

I found a short cut which will make the armour a bit more easier to do so it will cut down on how many pieces of armour I need to make up.

Guest Nihilus

Heard from Jan Duursema yesterday and she has given me the thumbs up on my break down of Darth Wyyrlok III's armour.. she said it is spot on. :D

Guest Aysel
Heard from Jan Duursema yesterday and she has given me the thumbs up on my break down of Darth Wyyrlok III's armour.. she said it is spot on. :D

isn't it wonderful when the artist actually responds to your questions ^_^ she's always been fast at responses too

now with Jan's thumbs up, I look forward to seeing your build progress ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus

isn't it wonderful when the artist actually responds to your questions ^_^ she's always been fast at responses too

now with Jan's thumbs up, I look forward to seeing your build progress ^_^

^_^ Katie

Yeah it is wonderful seeing she is a very busy with all her comic work she is doing, so to take time out to actually contact me back and tell me if I need any help or have any questions to write her.

Can't start right at the moment I need to save to get the items I need but when I can i will. I already know what to do for the soft part of the costume under the armour and I am saving stuff to use with the head to have hanging over my shoulders so it is comfy for me to wear the head piece when it is done.

:)