• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Bane

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all!!!!!! I am new here and one of my first costumes I hope would be Darth Bane. I know that this may not be an accepted costume (yet) but I hope to get it there!!

From what I see there are no screen shots (because there is no movie's or shows) out there because it never existed. I have spent countless hours looking up picture... maybe from book covers, comics, and yes even costumers. The one costume that I would like to do seems not to have been done by any one that I can find.

I have been sent to the Flag Ship forums waiting for approval to see if they can help me there. But I would need help on this costume if anyone can be of assistance! I will have Terry Becker help me (I hope) like she did with my Jedi.

I do have some pics and I will post them here!!

Darthbane.jpg

250px-Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg

Guest Aysel

Hi there, welcome to Flagship! I've actually seen a Darth Bane in the orbelisk armor at CV, I don't know if he's 501st approved though. What you need to do is find the comics he's in, and find full head to toe front and back pics (not cover art). http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Bane there's a list of his appearances here. Also you'll need to read this thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=625 and the 501st page is links to for further information about how to go about submitting a new costume to the legion. Keep in mind that this can be a long and drawn out process, so please be patient with the process. Go luck! ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

Ok so carefully looking at the Pictures I found that these are the best for reference pics... if any more come along the way that I find to be more of value I will swap or add to this post!!

Keeping you all informed!!

imagescomic.jpg

comics.jpg

swjvsp3.jpg

imagesbane.jpg

darth_bane.png

bannah15lt.jpg

baneagain.jpg

Guest Anonymous

The pictures you posted aren't all consistent with each other.

Has pouches on the belt.

images.jpg

Has a segmented belt:

bannah15lt.jpg

You would need to pick one interpretation of him and stick with that.

The comic illustrations seem to have a fair degree of consistency, so that seems like a decent way to go. Get the book(s) and see what you can find... there's probably enough. He's a pretty significant character in the stories, you just need to make sure you aren't guessing what anything might look like.

Guest Anonymous

ok cool plan on going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow to get/ look at comics for a long long time :) yea camera phone :)

I have found that the more consistent photos are the ones with the segmented belt. I will keep all posted on further progress!!

Guest Anonymous

In my mind, what's easier doesn't really matter... It's what is consistently used. If you can only find a single pic of the pouches but 10 with the segmented, it would make sense to go with the segmented.

The first pic and second that I linked have other differences too... the shape of the collar, the detailing on the left arm... The belt was just one example :)

It's really about creating an accurate and consistent representation of the character. This detachment has some of the biggest challenges to work through there since the reference material varies wildly. But, that just makes the results all the more impressive!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the input Brian. He is now picking which pictures to use and which ones to delete from here.

Guest Anonymous

Ok So I took apart some of the pictures and cropped and zoomed in so i can get a better reference, and this is what i came up with:

DBUpperTorso.jpg Front Torso

DBPants.jpg pants

DBOuterLoincloth.jpg Outer Loincloth

DBLightsaber.jpg Lightsaber

DBLeftArm.jpg Left Arm

DBBoots.jpg Boots

DBBeltBuckle.png Belt Buckle

DBBackTorso.jpg Back Torso

so this is what I came up with... the lightsaber pic I am working on... still kinda hard to see... I noticed that Custom Saber shop (or something like that) did a saber for Darth Bane that was from the Dark Horse Comics (that is the references that i am using) So i will post pics of the next time I am logged on!!

I have also sculpted the belt buckle and this is what is looks like so far... Will put paint on later!!

DSCF0493.jpg

Here is with the black and silver paint!

DSCF0495.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Kevin..good job on the painting of first edition belt buckle.. The dimensions seem to be pretty good. Decision to be made on thickness and material to be used.

Guest supertoneman

I am also looking to do a Darth Bane costume myself. i am wondering if i could use the figure from the RPG game Star Wars miniatures as an example. any advice would be helpful. TY

I am also looking to do a Darth Bane costume myself. i am wondering if i could use the figure from the RPG game Star Wars miniatures as an example. any advice would be helpful. TY

Do you have a picture of the miniature? They tend to have low detail and don't always match the other references, but from time to time they can serve as potential references. One way or the other, this will be a tough costume to figure out since the references are so scattered!

Pam :-)

Guest supertoneman

Do you have a picture of the miniature? They tend to have low detail and don't always match the other references, but from time to time they can serve as potential references. One way or the other, this will be a tough costume to figure out since the references are so scattered!

Pam :-)

Well the picture is not the best, but it does have some good detail on it. I do have the books by Drew Karpyshyn also that i can reference to for the face and some of the rest of the costume. There are photos of his face and all that on them. Any advice would be good.

since the file is too big i uploaded the pic on my flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics ... hotostream

My personal favorite Darth Bane is the orbalisks bane, however without the as described sleeping mask on from the books, and as T.Spanos depicts him.

I should read the comics before I Keep that opinion. 

Now wondering why I have Not read them yet, and plotting how to get them.

Cant wait to see what you come up with!!

Cheers,
Rejean

I’m going to the battle ruusan.   The exact day I take over his body was when he was in the library going through the ancient scrolls When he finds out the brotherhood is abomination. Lord kuseem is still alive  i’ve been waiting and watching waiting for the perfect moment to claim my  birthright   Take the title of Darth . Darth Banesson  is the name I’ve chosen   I have been watching and waiting since 2013-2014