• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan - SW: TOR

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure if anyone posted any, but here are some pictures of Revan from the Imperial Flashpoint: The Foundry.

As you can see, his armor has changed yet again, I'm starting to think this guy is like David Bowie.

swtor-2012-01-08-02-24-54-18.jpg

Revan1.png

Revan_Masked02.jpg

Revan_Hooded.jpg

7593.jpg

Guest Anonymous

A couple more, I am also going to login to the game right after this, then quickly solo through The Foundry and get some front, side, and back shots, to help you guys out with approval process.

SWTOR_Revan_02_Fabrik_120314164921681.jpg

Revan.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Here you go, tried to make the angles relevant.

Hope this helps those that want to get approval for the TOR version.

Screenshot_2012-03-16_09_52_14_396850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_52_04_781850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_51_54_541850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_51_32_573850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_50_32_842850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_50_15_709850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_50_03_680850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_50_01_467850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_49_25_392850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_48_27_595850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_31_53_026850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_31_51_658850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_31_49_807850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_31_43_239850.jpgScreenshot_2012-03-16_09_24_52_069850.jpg

Guest Anonymous

He's neither, but he is Darkside, as his whole purpose is to create a Droid army with his new Starforge in order to wipe out the Sith Emperor for revenge, because of what was done to him. He also says in the conversation that he walks both paths, Jedi and Sith.

He also says in the conversation that he walks both paths, Jedi and Sith.

This is confirmed as his belief in The Old Republic book Revan.

He now is grey for lack of a better term. He walk in both the light and dark sides of the force.

I debated this myself a couple of times, but figured it was already covered, seems maybe it hasn't.

The issue I see coming up first is the most important. 3 Sources. These are all one source, are they not? As the game is no different between a 'cutscene' and an in-game model, I don't even see that being a viable comparison.

What I 'do' like is that it's finally showing him hood down+mask on, giving us a look at that for perspective.

What I 'don't' like is that the items are all re-skins of various stuff elsewhere in the game, split between warriors and inquisitors.

The line he says specifically is: "I 'was' Jedi, I 'am' Sith." There's no denying that he is/was both at that point, however I will push this a step further in that if you look at both that line, and his behaviors, he is more Sith than gray, he with HK-47 are determined to destroy 97% of the Imperial populace on the sole premise that they contain True Sith DNA.

My vote is Dark.

At this point in Star Wars: The Old Republic after a thousand years of tourture has has fallen.

Where the book picks up after Star Wars: Kinghts of the Old Republic and through to well after Sw: KoTOR 2 he is classified as grey.

Guest Lord McCune
I debated this myself a couple of times, but figured it was already covered, seems maybe it hasn't.

The issue I see coming up first is the most important. 3 Sources. These are all one source, are they not? As the game is no different between a 'cutscene' and an in-game model, I don't even see that being a viable comparison.

What I 'do' like is that it's finally showing him hood down+mask on, giving us a look at that for perspective.

What I 'don't' like is that the items are all re-skins of various stuff elsewhere in the game, split between warriors and inquisitors.

The line he says specifically is: "I 'was' Jedi, I 'am' Sith." There's no denying that he is/was both at that point, however I will push this a step further in that if you look at both that line, and his behaviors, he is more Sith than gray, he with HK-47 are determined to destroy 97% of the Imperial populace on the sole premise that they contain True Sith DNA.

My vote is Dark.

3 sources is no longer a requirement for new costumes. You just need a 360 of the costume, which this provides. Ask the LMO if you doubt me.

My vote is Dark.

Here is the thing though. If you go through the Republic quest line of saving Revan from the Maelstrom Prison, he doesn't at all seem Dark Side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1VfTw3dcws&list=UUMDVLINT_PSP1q-SVs1ailg&index=28 (This is a video I frapsed from SWTOR and uploaded to my YouTube Channel)

Now obviously from dialog Revan goes and speaks to the Jedi Council before he goes off to the Foundry to destroy anyone with Sith DNA. I would say that Revan during this time period is more gray, maybe more inspired by his old friend Jolee Bindo.

Here is the thing though. If you go through the Republic quest line of saving Revan from the Maelstrom Prison, he doesn't at all seem Dark Side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1VfTw3dcws&list=UUMDVLINT_PSP1q-SVs1ailg&index=28 (This is a video I frapsed from SWTOR and uploaded to my YouTube Channel)

Now obviously from dialog Revan goes and speaks to the Jedi Council before he goes off to the Foundry to destroy anyone with Sith DNA. I would say that Revan during this time period is more gray, maybe more inspired by his old friend Jolee Bindo.

I do seem to recall a Senator from Naboo who seemed like a mild-mannered old-man with good intent as well.

I agree he does seem pretty chill, but right after that he goes sociopath.

As for the 3-sources. Unless that was recently changed, I was told some very incorrect information.

Ironically after re-reading the requirements, that actually means there are about a bazillion characters now legal for approval. If SWTOR hadn't broken my heart and made me feel really sad about spending all that time on it... I'd consider making an outfit from it. I just don't see the title doing anything exciting any time soon. (3 50s 2 40s 3 30s, Collector's Ed).

It's not posted but there is also a quest-line where the mask is full-3d and not on Revan, for the sake of reference. Which begs the question how he even got it as I doubt he went to DK to get it...

There's also the situation of his 'death'. 'Grey' Jedi are known to explode in a burst of Force energy when they die. And at the end of 'The Foundry' when Revan is 'killed' he does just this. I think it's hard for anyone to say exactly where he is at this point--it had been 300 years that he was bound by Emperor Vitiate and preserved for his memories (though he was secretly subverting the Emperor all the while) and he definitely wants to wipe out the Sith Empire...violently so, which is definitely not a Jedi thing. In the book he said specifically that he's both. Or rather that he walks a line between both sides. That he believes in using positive emotions the same way that Sith use negative ones. But when we see him emerge from the Maelstrom Prison...is he the same guy? It's kind of all speculation from that point to what 'side' he's on. To play ultimate devil's advocate here, I'd say he's on the galaxy's side, and isn't a Jedi *or* a Sith.

And yeah...that sucks about the armour. I mean it looks awesome in game (I won't pay the 2mil some people are asking for for that mask, though lol) but it *is* all just reskins. The armour itself is a mid 40's Green/Blue set for Inquisitors with some recolouring on the cuirass and the helm is a recolouring of the old Champion helm for Sith Juggernauts. It was basically their go at making Revan with what resources they already had. It'd be cool just the same to see it, but (and let me say I have zero authority or any kind of say so---this is just strictly me voicing my opinion) I don't think his SWTOR variant will ever be something that could be official.

It's not posted but there is also a quest-line where the mask is full-3d and not on Revan, for the sake of reference. Which begs the question how he even got it as I doubt he went to DK to get it...

Yeah, and the mask you see there in Grathan's estate is like the mask we see now. Where it has a domed forehead and narrows down until it covers the chin and leaves the lower jaw open. Maybe he stopped at Sith Lord's Outlet for some new duds before heading over to The Foundry lol.

Yeah, and the mask you see there in Grathan's estate is like the mask we see now. Where it has a domed forehead and narrows down until it covers the chin and leaves the lower jaw open. Maybe he stopped at Sith Lord's Outlet for some new duds before heading over to The Foundry lol.

As the Starforge had insta-costume generating technology from the Rakata. It might be safe to assume the Rakata Foundry had the same vending machine on the 1313'th' floor.

I know this is a touch late on this convo, but we have been having quite the debate about this costume over at he Rebel Legion, I brought up some very strong points about him being more Jedi than Sith. But thats a debate I am not here for. What I am here for is a comment made on the page from the feedback I got one of the comments made was that this costume that you see here was noted by the staff at Bioware that this outfit is not canon yet and that they will update it in 2.2 (which is a month from now) The day that happens I will be starting on that armor with 360 turn arounds in hand.

Be noted Bioware also stated that they are changing the Revan armor for ingame characters as well, not leaving an old set.

heres the quote

"Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric"

Ref:

Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... dit6265831

I know this is a touch late on this convo, but we have been having quite the debate about this costume over at he Rebel Legion, I brought up some very strong points about him being more Jedi than Sith. But thats a debate I am not here for. What I am here for is a comment made on the page from the feedback I got one of the comments made was that this costume that you see here was noted by the staff at Bioware that this outfit is not canon yet and that they will update it in 2.2 (which is a month from now) The day that happens I will be starting on that armor with 360 turn arounds in hand.

Be noted Bioware also stated that they are changing the Revan armor for ingame characters as well, not leaving an old set.

heres the quote

"Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric"

Ref:

Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... dit6265831

Thanks for that update, will keep an eye on it. I will be very glad if they re-build it honestly, I was disappointed that his was a re-skin and all the other characters, even Handmaiden, got original models.

That being said, it looks nice, I just wish it weren't available in other colors.

I will be keeping a close eye out as well, and providing I am not in the middle of another costume I will start that day. I had really wanted to get started on a SWTOR Revan immediately when we were having that conversation over at RL. (just to be the Guenna pig and try and get it approved as formal) But then someone posted that and Ive now decided that just making "Traditional Revan" a much smarter choice at this time. ( I want to join the 501st anyways)

Frankly I am not happy with his current look.

-To me he looks to much like a WOW character (i love wow dont get me wrong)

-His double cape is a glitch and super tacky looking