• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Daritha's costume tutorials on www.gapcomics.net

Guest Daritha

Guest Daritha

Hi there. I've been working for some time now on these tutorials and am proud to present to you: my totally updated website. Gapcomics - like some of you know - was mainly a webcomic. Since I can't do the comic on a regular basis, I did some editing and incorporated all my other workings:

comics, costumes, costumed travels, my book blog, and writing

comics.png costumes.png travels.png blog.png writing.png

Of main importance for the Legion would be, of course, the costume part. This section of the website is dedicated to my hobby: Costuming. Since 2007, I am a costumer and costume builder. For the time being, I did some specific costumes. Some of the tutorials are still needing some input and more beef on it, but the main structure is finished, so you gat a first sneak preview (updates to come):

jedi_knight.jpg jedi_master.jpg luke.jpg ik.jpg starkiller.jpg

There were also some non-Star Wars costumes:

vampire.jpg pop.jpg doctor_who.jpg

So far, that are all costumes I ever made. I hop you enjoy the (hopefully soon finished) tutorials, maybe get some good advices here and there. And if you stumble over a bug, please contact me via info@gapcomics.net Thanks! :)

That was very interesting to read through; thanks for sharing!

(I giggled about the "bills" sections because I really don't want to know how much I've spent on costumes over the years... and I squee'd just a little bit when I spotted a Twi'lek with you!)

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha
That was very interesting to read through; thanks for sharing!

(I giggled about the "bills" sections because I really don't want to know how much I've spent on costumes over the years...

Well, the "bills" are more of a hint to newcomers so that they have a glimpse of how much this hobby will "consume"; also its a nice reminder of how much I could ask if I'll put one of the costume to sale. ^^

Otherwise: I'm glad I could spread some of my knowledge, experience, and pictures. Its a lot more easier now to find pictures for a certain costume I made. ^^

and I squee'd just a little bit when I spotted a Twi'lek with you!)

Since I was Grand Master Luke Skywalker at the time: Please don't tell Mara. *ssshhhh* ;)

Nah, she's a very sweet girl I met during gamescom 2011. We befriended very much in just three days. It's still a shame we're this far apart.

Here lekku were selfmade from a pantyhose filled with cotton. She sewed everything in place, did the bandages and ... voila. I thought it turned out wonderful!