• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

A'Sharad Hett Standards Discussion

Tags

I was told this was the best place to start so here goes. This written based off my build and what the LMOs asked for in regards to changes and adjustments. This build is based entirely off the comic "Claws of the Dragon". As this costume was approved based on this version I believe it best to stick with these refs, building an earlier Hett would require approval separate from this, and I am not sure an earlier would even be acceptable. When I started this project I was told this was the only Hett that was viable.

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp57/sa3X/Refs/

A'Sharad Hett: Tusken Warlord

Helmet / Mask

• A fully wrapped head of similar design matching Episode 4. 

• Cloth wrapping must be used for the main part of the head.

• Leather or simulated leather must be used for the face wrapping.

• Must have nine (9) metal or simulated metal detail pieces. 

• 2 eye stalks – tapered toward the front with 2 slots cut into the underside of each piece

• 4 head spikes - must have slight taper 

• 2 Blood spitters (cheek tusks) 

• 1 nose piece - must have at least 2 vertical slots 

• Red tinted lenses must be used behind the eyes, and the screening must be used so the mouth is not visible from the outside of mask.

• A long braid must extend from the back of helmet down the costumers back, the costumers own or simulated hair may be used.

• A wrapped neck seal extends from the neck into a wrapped panel wresting on the costumers chest. The panel must lie under the inner tunic against the costumers chest.

*Neck seal/Diki: In some pictures Hett appears to have his neck wrapped, and the neck seal seemed to be the best way to do, also the attached didki lies under both tunics to hie the chest.

Neck Breather

• Device worn around the neck of a design similar to that seen in 
Episode 4. It resembles a small 3-4” cylinder with tapered gaskets on either end connecting to a tube, which runs behind the neck. Breather must ne weathered to match the rest of the costume. Tubes running from the canister must come to a 90o angle before wrapping around the neck.

*The LMOs wanted the 90 degree bend in the tubing and they wanted the breather weathered. I found the evolution breather to be the best option.

Tunic

• A light kaki, Jedi style tunics is worn under the tabard, the sleeves of the tunic are tucked into the arm wraps.

*This can be seen n the refs.

Outer Tunic/Tabard

• A Dark brown tabard, made from the same material as the pants is worn over the tunic, the sides of the tabard are left open, two panels hang from the front and back of the tabard, the panel should reach the middle of the costumers thighs. The front of the tabard is left open, coming to a close and forming a seem with the panels at the costumers waist, the seam is hidden under the belt. The bottom of the tabard must be lightly weathered.

*The length and width is open to interpenetration, I found the best result was to keep it about the width of the middle of both thighs, length is a judgment call, what ever looks proportionate.

Waist Sash

• 6-7” “girth belt” that ties in the back made of similar fabric to the inner tunic. No excess should hang from the knotting or attachment. The sash lies under the belt.

*As seen in the Refs.

Hands and Arms

• Dark Brown leather gloves. Cloth wrappings start at the wrist inside the gloves and continue up the elbow, arm wraps cover the sleeves of the tunic. Wraps must conceal all skin on the arms.

*As seen in the comics.

Boots

• Knee high boots, covered with cloth wrappings. Wrappings must cover the boots. Wraps must conceal all skin on the legs.

*The boots appear to stop just under the knee.

Pants

• Pants must be made from a dark brown material, the pant legs are tucked into the boots.

*As seen in the Refs.

Belt/Pouches

• A Dark brown, Jedi style belt with four sets of studs and square buckle is worn over the sash, four square pouches made from the same material as the belt are worn at the back of the belt, two on the left and two on the right. Three Jedi food capsules sit just behind the first set of studs.

*If you looks close you can see the studs and the capsules, the belt appears to be a Jedi Belt left over from his days as a Jedi, the LMO wanted the pouches to be the same color as the belt.

Lightsabers

• A'Sharad Hett carries two lightsabers, his own and his fathers, A'Sharad Hetts' lightsaber, must be wrapped in leather with two things bearing beads and six krayt dragon claws. The second light saber must be based on Sharad Hetts' saber. If blades are used they must be green.

*I can't say if the sabers should be optional or not they are what make Hett who he is, and stands out from other Tusken.

Weathering

• All clothing must be weathered to simulate life in a desert environment.

LMOs wanted weathering, including tattering on the outer tunic.

Discuss amongst yourselves. As I said this is what the LMOs approved, so that is what I based the CRL off of. All in all, this is a straight forward costume, the sabers will be the hardest part, and if your good with leather you can handle the belt. I'm just lucky Hett has such great hair, I could finally use my own hair for a costume.

I like everything as I'm planning on making this costume in the near future, just one thing that I'm not too clear on.

The comic art makes his helmet seem like the eye stalks are much shorter than standard tusken eye stalks, with red lenses that are light enough to see the costumers eyes underneath.

The CRLs here show and mention the red lenses, but I can't tell from the pictures or the CRL if anything is specified about the shorter eye stalks.

Any comments on this?