• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Training Gear/Tie Factory

Guest Starkiller_Ale

Guest Starkiller_Ale

hello all, in addition to heavy training gear I am also preparing the training gear or tie factory Starkiller, I also get the ID of this costume as well as the Raxus if possible. short shortly with pictures that I have and what I am doing, I hope you like my work.

ps while I'm still necessary changes to the acceptance of Raxus soon also the new changes.

As usual I apologize for my bad English

Guest Starkiller_Ale

Finally new developments, armor ready for the second stage of processing.

(But hard work is paying off)

the back I think the bomber is still a bit trying to make it adhere better to the back

Guest Starkiller_Ale
got some good progress going on there, keep up the hard work

side note: is that sintra your using?

thanks, I will.

ps what does it mean sintra?

I mean that the material used?

Guest Starkiller_Ale
yes that's what I'm asking, sorry if I wasn't clear as to what I was asking about :D

we clear now =)

the material I used is a forex plastic (PVC) that can be shaped by heating, it is an excellent material, very workable, flexible and very light

Guest Aysel
yes that's what I'm asking, sorry if I wasn't clear as to what I was asking about :D

we clear now =)

the material I used is a forex plastic (PVC) that can be shaped by heating, it is an excellent material, very workable, flexible and very light

I think we're talking about the same thing but different brand names for PVC foam board, which is great stuff for building for those who haven't tried it yet.

I'm looking forward to more progress pics from this build :D

Guest Starkiller_Ale

finally over the stage of stucco and paint that I gave to the wrist comlink. next phase of painting the basic armor and executed dirty

dsc01878qe.jpg

sorry if the last picture I do not have the shirt but it was hot = P

Guest Starkiller_Ale

Finally, after long and exhausting work, I managed to finish the armor!!!

dsc01896w.jpg

in this last photo there is also the new kimono that I got to do to replace the old one, a darker brown and with a better and more elastic tissue.

And now you go and tear on the kimono as a result of bandages = P

ps thanks to everyone for the support =)

Guest Starkiller_Ale

first of all I apologize for my long absence but I have not had time to post my progress.

I'm leaving tomorrow for the Lucca Comics and Games, an event important enough for games and comics in Italy and will debut the Starkiller training gear that I just finished today.

I'll just go home photos and will post it to show you the costume finished and if I say what I have to change to be accepted. Sorry again for the long period of absence soon =)

Guest Starkiller_Ale

waiting for me to come show you the pictures of a small part of the parade we made in the full costume which you see quite well, look your comments =)

Guest Starkiller_Ale
So YOU were that Starkiller I saw on the pictures. Great costume!

thanks =) but if I ask what picture? I am the Starkiller with training gear, not the one with the Sith robe.

Guest Starkiller_Ale

here are some photos I have taken during the event.

38173025758155118741148.jpg

37623110150372629644183.jpg

32818021185755888753310.jpg

32150523869757682521666.jpg

30311210150355355188997.jpg

here is the comparison of an image of the costume for Starkiller and a photo of me:

trainingconfronto.png

what do you think?

Wow, from a fellow costumer's standpoint I am impressed with how similar you look and I have to say a very heartfelt bravo!

but then I have to put on my Costume Mentor hat, and 2 things stood out in your picture -

11411.png

on the left we have what looks like a leather strap instead of a buckle. On the right we have a random D-ring. are those 2 belts just turned at an odd angle in this picture or should those not be there?

second, when you go to take your pics for submission, only have 1 lightsaber in the photos. Starkiller only uses and carries one until you get to game 2, or Sith Stalker. I agree, its fun and you feel bada**, but we're a little nitpicky on things like that.

Guest Starkiller_Ale

thanks a lot, as you've noticed details of the 2 hours I explain them to you:

where you saw the leather strap the buckle is, in fact, the strap used to join the belt buckle, but in the game in the belt buckle and then passes the strap there but trying to put it as the game was the belt too thick and swollen so I opted for the strap and buckle that combines belt and makes a good effect of thickness.

clipuy.jpg

D-rings on the other hand, I was wearing the belt is actually a visible front of the 3 on the side on the left side, just rotate the belt slightly to the left during the event but had no mirrors available and the time of dressing was limited and that detail the belt I have not noticed before leaving the dressing room = P

clip2fj.jpg

on the other hand swords, was a little embellishment of costume adopted only for the occasion of the event that we had to use a small skit, swords hanging on the belt are to kota and kazdan Paratus, for the acceptance of course there will be =)