• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mandalore the Indomitable

Welcome to the forum. (I'm afraid I can't see the bottom three pictures that you posted. I'm getting boxes with the red X of doom. I'm curious to see what they are!)

If you are very interested in making the Mandalore costume, then my advice is to make it. It's always best to make the costumes that interest and challenge us. There is no guarantee that the costume would be approvable for the 501st, however. I just flipped through the Sith War comics, and the pictures of Mandalore tend to be mostly partial views, or images with very little detail, colored a solid rust color from head to toe that makes it very difficult to figure out the costume pieces. The first requirement for 501st approval is a consistent, full-body front and back view, and unless there's another source beyond the comics, that might be difficult to find. He may have appeared in one of the sourcebooks, though... so there's always a chance that some great front and back references are out there. So like I said, if you like it, make it... but don't count on this one to get you into the 501st. Either way, it would be a great convention costume!

Of the costumes that you listed an interest in, Grand Admiral Thrawn is a currently approved 501st character. That one would be a sure bet for 501st approval, provided that you do a good job with the cloth parts of the costume, the belt and rank badge, the body paint, and the hair. The contacts are highly desired, but I'm not certain they're required because of health issues. I can't picture Thrawn being Thrawn without the eyes, though! If you decide to pursue that costume, be sure to check out his section in the Officer's detachment!

Pam :-)

Some good advice from Pam.

The images aren't showing, as they're not a direct link to the picture (http://www.site.com/file-name.jpg), and it looks like you'd need to be logged in to see the thread they're in.

Best of luck with the costumes, some fun EU characters in your list. :)

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index. ... 8161;image

One effort towards this costume has been posted in the public forums of the 501st Detachment responsible for Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries; The Bounty Hunter's Guild.

Mand'alor the Indomitable W.I.P.

IMG_0770.jpg

The project is from 2009.

I recommend visiting The Bounty Hunter's Guild and sharing your work--with working links--there.

Be well,

Thomas