Sign in to follow this  
berzerker

Voice changers

berzerker    0

This seemed the best place to put this topic...

Does anyone use a voice changer for their character? I'm building a Nihilus and want an echo-y, dark voice and think the best way to achieve this is with a voice changer. I already use a throat mic for my clone so it would be invisible to the public.

I see super cheap, $10 voice changer/amps at costume shops and wonder if they are good enough to do the job. Ideas, thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

I have one and I've considered using it especially for the settings on the cheap ones to make your voice deeper, but I've never worn it out. Let me know how it works for you...

Scottrooper    0

I've played around with several of the cheapy halloweenish voice changers from time to time. They can do some interesting things with your voice, but I've always found that one of two things happen with them; either they don't have enough volume to be heard over your normal speaking voice while being used in an event situation or they distort your voice so much that nobody can understand a word you are saying (not necessarily a bad thing for Nihilus, unless you find yourself needing to be able to talk to somebody)

berzerker    0

I got a decent lead on a $40 unit (includes shipping) at the 501st forums. I should have it in hand within 2 weeks and will post a review. I should be done my Nihilus by that time so, if the voice changer works well, I'll post video as well.

Now to start my WIP thread.

Medic65    1

I know this is an old topic, but has anyone been successful with this? I have been messing around with audio mixers and I have things pretty darn close to what it should sound like, but no way of actually getting in my costume, unless I strap a laptop to myself. I saw someone came up with a system called TRamp, but it's like $240.  I saw a few other things but they require soldering and junk, such a velleman/adrunio.. And even those probably won't get the results we want. 

Zoomi    12

A fellow member of my garrison has managed to make voice changers - specifically for Kylo Ren costumers - but he might be able to provide some insight. You can check our his build thread through his Facebook page: Syldar - miscellaneous particulars