• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nightsister Ventress

ladyb

OK I admit it, I've been looking into designing a build for the Nightsister outfit. Though my husband in the Dooku Jammies isn't going forward but done for a joke I think I will build this one.

800px-VentressNightsister-TCW.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see more CRL photoshoots in your future!

Pam :-D

I think she's psychic!

:) Right now my husband is building the armour parts and I've got the red material. I'm trying to decide what would be best for the gray texture right now. Maybe painting it; not sure.

I'm trying to decide what would be best for the gray texture right now. Maybe painting it; not sure.

Maybe velvet, velour or a micro seude type? It looks to be of a medium to heavy-weight fabric, and obviously stretchy. Painting it with a stippling technique should achieve the desired effect I would think.

Guest broodingventress

I bought a charcoal gray luxury stretch velvet for the base. Still have to locate the red. And my husband does want to do the Dooku jammies. If someone makes them he would be willing to buy them! lol I am also thinking of making the neck piece a darker shade. It looks that way in all the pictures.

Thea

"Capitol Maris"

Yes, the neck and round part underneath is essentially the same as other traditional versions and I'm making it the same, matching with the vambraces on the forearms.

I found something I think is a good match for the red and would be happy to share the information with you if you'd like.

I bought a charcoal gray luxury stretch velvet for the base. Still have to locate the red. And my husband does want to do the Dooku jammies. If someone makes them he would be willing to buy them! lol I am also thinking of making the neck piece a darker shade. It looks that way in all the pictures.

Thea

"Capitol Maris"

As far as the red goes, what we've picked up is called Burgundy Crushed TAF #7558505 from JoAnnes. It was in the area with the fabrics on the larger rolls.

LadyB might be able to do the Jammies for you if interested.

Guest Sakara

Grey fabric wise, a marl grey would have that textured colour, as its a blend of polyester and cotton, the cotton taking a darker grey dye, the polyester remains pale and so you get that cool effect.

Guest Anonymous

Hey so I was given the link to this forum. I too am interested in this version of Ventress. I loved that story arch. I also love this outfit because its very mobile, sexy, and the hood can be up for ease of the make-up, or down. I will be keeping an eye on your progress. I received a PM from your husband to contact you about a possible commission, or help, with this costume. I don't have the time or money right now to start this, but when I do, you'll be hearing from me ;).

On a side note, I have made my custom fem mando from sintra and I absolutely love the material. It's easy to use and manipulate. When I can get mine going, I was also going to use that material for the armored parts.

- Janine

Hey so I was given the link to this forum. I too am interested in this version of Ventress. I loved that story arch. I also love this outfit because its very mobile, sexy, and the hood can be up for ease of the make-up, or down. I will be keeping an eye on your progress. I received a PM from your husband to contact you about a possible commission, or help, with this costume. I don't have the time or money right now to start this, but when I do, you'll be hearing from me ;).

On a side note, I have made my custom fem mando from sintra and I absolutely love the material. It's easy to use and manipulate. When I can get mine going, I was also going to use that material for the armored parts.

- Janine

Sounds great, I'll keep the thread updated. Yeah the sintra will be interesting, ID is handling that. Excited to see how this works. I have all my materials, and just need to make it now. ;)

Looks like it should work, but is a little on the light side.

I struggled a bit with finding a material I liked, but was able to get a dress I think will work from a thrift store. Will hopefully get some pictures posted soon.

I'm moving forward on my build, have the boots painted and mu husband is making the armour. Have drafted this as a template:

nsav_shin2.jpg

Slowly, but surely getting things together and getting it made. I'm getting close on having the soft parts altogether. Michael has gotten the boots painted and is moving on the the armour parts.

NSVentress1.jpg

Guest Mara Jade

really guttered - finally decided the funds were there to go forward with this costume - and then found the red fabric weren't on sale at JoAnn's anymore, bah! Guess I'll be looking more into the gray fabric then.

I was wondering, about the bare thighs - I'm not really found of naked skin (I tend to get a rash on my thighs, have done so since I was a kid :oops: ) plus I plan on being able to use the costume in winter times/outside too - would it be acceptable with some white "ish" tight fitting leggings/dance wear pants or something?

Guest broodingventress

Here are some updates, the shot of me in the body suit doesn't reflect the colour well, that's why i took a picture of my sleeve.

We are currently working on the thigh highs.

Thea

post-1040-142759261279_thumb.jpg

post-1040-142759261287_thumb.jpg