• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan's Lifecast Head and forearms WIP

Guest Darth Revan

Guest Darth Revan

Well I got the call that the Hydrostone order was in and I will pick it up tonight.

Tomorrow I will have my head and both arms, from the elbow to finger tips, cast.

I will use this thread as a Work In Progress log, so everyone can see how it works out.

Guest Cleverlilminx

Don't forget to tell your g/f to cover the nose completely in the beginning so the nose isn't distorted in the finished product. :wink:

Guest Darth Revan
Don't forget to tell your g/f to cover the nose completely in the beginning so the nose isn't distorted in the finished product. :wink:

Oh boy!! I feel the love now. :P

Guest Darth Revan

Well here are some the pictures from my lifecasting.

I had my assistant start with my arms, so we could see how the plaster bandages worked and if the release was on thick enough.

Here are the arms all plastered up....

Lifecasting003.jpg

Lifecasting004.jpg

The left arm cured faster because we only used 4 layers of bandages. We pulled off the cast and set it aside to dry out. The plaster will always cure outside it.

Lifecasting006.jpg

It was time to wait. :oops:

Lifecasting008.jpg

------------------------------------------------

Time prepare for the head and shoulders.

I start with a swimmer's cap:

Lifecasting012.jpg

Cover the area in Nivea. By the way, this is the worse part of the whole experience. I don't understand how women put this stuff on. :roll:

Here I am with the back done and still covered in Nivea. You will notice that I have the tutorial up for my assistant. The one thing I will have to say about this process, is make sure your assistant can recite back to you all the steps before starting. This is important for them to feel comfortable about the steps to get this done correctly.

Lifecasting016.jpg

Here is the front half of the lifecast. I am inspecting it for defects, but with over 5 layers this thing could stop a truck. :D

Lifecasting017.jpg

There was a thin area on the back, so I added some more bandages just in case.

Lifecasting019.jpg

After 48 hours of drying I pulled the cast off the head....

Lifecasting027.jpg

Lifecasting025.jpg

Guest Anonymous

If I can ever find my pictures of the alginate lifecasting, I'll post them, too.

Ok, I must say, the "Jedi Suck" on your swimmers cap is HILARIOUS.

I used Vaseline, I think, instead of Nivea. Either way, it's yucky...but essential on things like eyebrows - if you want to keep them!

- Carolyn