• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Cade Skywalker photot shoot

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Something I've been working on for a while (most progress was shared on the Bounty Hunter Guild) and thought I might share here as well, I had to tweak a few minor things after CV but I'm pretty happy with it at this point and had a phtotshoot opportunity last week.

5024849230_d702da4a46.jpg

CS_CRL11 by darth_who, on Flickr

5024230221_e56420266a.jpg

CS2b by darth_who, on Flickr

5024228645_f431c6e6c9.jpg

CS3b by darth_who, on Flickr

5024840674_3d623bd654.jpg

CS1b by darth_who, on Flickr

5024229063_da58f43edc.jpg

CS5b by darth_who, on Flickr

5024232241_9bcea26de8.jpg

CS8b by darth_who, on Flickr

Guest Anonymous

Very very cool costume!!! Great work!! You took attention to all the details of this costume, that's what I like most.

Just two things that occur to me: May I ask of which material you made the coat? It seems a bit too shiny to me, but maybe I'm wrong and the colour hair seems a little bit too bright.

Wouldn't that be an awesome scene: you as Cade Skywalker and me with my Nihl doing a lightsabre battle ;P?

Greetz

Neinel

As I said on the Rebel Legion board this is one awesome costume! I'm very much impressed with the craftmanship.

The hair seems okay to mee, Cade is blonde but most of the time a very dirty boy in a dark alley, so the hair seems much darker.

@Neinel: You as Nihl fight him with the lightsaber, I as Antares punch him the face.

Guest Anonymous
Very very cool costume!!! Great work!! You took attention to all the details of this costume, that's what I like most.

Just two things that occur to me: May I ask of which material you made the coat? It seems a bit too shiny to me, but maybe I'm wrong and the colour hair seems a little bit too bright.

Wouldn't that be an awesome scene: you as Cade Skywalker and me with my Nihl doing a lightsabre battle ;P?

Greetz

Neinel

Thanks!

The coat is sort of a wierd fabric, it's a cotton-poly blend but has the texture and look of leather scales. Without a flash it's just regular black, but with a flash you get the "shinyness". The photographer wanted to get the detail of the scales so he used a flash. I think I'll do some selective airbrushing on some of the high points to knock down the shiny. Almost the same deal on the wig, in person it's a dirty blonde, not quite "dishwater" but close, my thought is most photos will be with the flash so I ordered a darker shade last week. I also did some research into darkening a light wig with some alcohol and colored ink that I may experiment with. I'm not a big fan of wigs but I figure if you're going to go, go all the way.

Guest Anonymous
As I said on the Rebel Legion board this is one awesome costume! I'm very much impressed with the craftmanship.

The hair seems okay to mee, Cade is blonde but most of the time a very dirty boy in a dark alley, so the hair seems much darker.

@Neinel: You as Nihl fight him with the lightsaber, I as Antares punch him the face.

Yep, I would love to get all the Legacy folks together for a shoot. While at CV I ran into only a couple "Legacy" folks, unfortuantely I missed most of the group for the larger photo shoots.