• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Personalized License Tag

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For the past few weeks I've been trying to think of Star Wars tag for my car.

Well I finally came up with one that was available and actually means something to me.

I didn't want a characters name but wanted something for my car (ship). hehe

Well Darth Revan is my favorite Darth and I wear the costume and no better way to have a tag that represents his ride. I was able to get EBONHAWK. :D

Do you have personalized tag too? :)

Guest Daritha

This bothers me for years: What meaning have these tags? Here in Germany your license tag is like "B - VK 22". There, B stands for the city of Berlin, the VK and the 22 are mere reg. numbers. For a fee, you can alter the reg. numbers but we have no possibility to do something like the EBONHAWK oder GOT SITH.

I'm curious, tell me. :wink:

In the USA often the locality is designated in another place on the plate and the main section can be customized for an extra fee if it is not already taken.

Guest Anonymous

each state has a different color/style to their license plate along with the name of the state on it. For example the "got sith" plate says ohio on the top. the numbers underneath are simply assigned to you when you register your vehicle with no other rhyme or reason to it except for that being the next plate in line.

But as ladyb pointed out, you can pay an extra fee to get a special personalized plate so long as nobody else already has that designation on theirs.

Yup, each state gets their own plates, usually with a state image and the state motto as well. Personalized license plates have always been something that amuses me. It's a challenge to fit things into just 7 letters and numbers (the most common limit), but some of them can be really clever!

Some of my favorites that I've seen over the years:

OOOICU2

STUSPNY

ATOY4ME

WINGNIT

SOSUME

HIOFCER

BMYFRND

XQS ME

And then, of course, there are the bumper stickers...

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I think my favorite personalized plate ever was actually a combination of the license plate holder and plate itself. The top of the license plate holder read: "This is", the license plate was "MOMSTRK", and the bottom of the holder was "not Dad's".

Guest Anonymous

Well, I'm reviving an old thread, for at least another year. I figured for the amout that I pay for a personalized license plate, I should change it each year. The price doesn't change and you can keep the old plates. :)

So, here's my plate for this year. (Keeping with my first 501st costume theme! 8) )

IMG_2179.jpg

Not too thrilled with Ohio's new plate. Now that I really look at it, it looks like an postcard for the state of Nihilus.

I can see the tagline: "Come visit beautiful and sunny Nihilus! Plenty of farmland for new Sith Lords!"

Mine is BEDLAMX (cuz I'm soooooo original and clever :P ) and my wife's is MNDOGRL (closest she could get to Mando Girl).

My favorite of all time was a buddy of mine's tags on his late 60s Cadilac Hearse: U21DAY . Classic

Guest Anonymous

My Maine State plate was "TUSKEN" (I've moved since) and across my back window I have "My Other Ride Is A Bantha"

The funniest plate I saw was on a mini-van loaded with children - "PB4WEGO"