• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Shadow Guard

Tags

I spoke with my CO and he said that the Shadow Guard falls under the flagship. I also know of one of my fellow Garrison members who is working on a Shadow Guard, still have to get in touch with him. Anyway, has there been any discussion on the Shadow Guard as of yet?

Discussion of The Emperor's Shadow Guard appears a few posts down from this post, this same room on The Flagship Eclipse forums.

As DL Simpson has indicated, the costume is discussed on the Sovereign Protector's Detachment forum at theforcepike.net

Sovereign-Protectors.png

The requirements are based on X-Box/PSP 3 The Force Unleashed armoured/cloakless appearance;

This discussion can be found quickly on the 501st Legion boards using the search posts feature;

LFL's New Black Royal Guard Costume

The Emperor's Shadow Guard is a canon Star Wars Empire aligned character, fully established with 360º reference. As such, the character will be added to the CRL as soon as an accurate completed suit has passed review.

I would like to stress, a character need NOT be on the CRL for a costume of that character to be submitted for 501st review/membership approval. All the CRL is is a guide of costumes currently represented in the Legion. New characters will be added in response to approved costumes.

For all 501st qualifying Star Wars; The Force Unleashed characters, I will be looking for reference taken from the high resolution turn arounds created by the Lucas Arts model makers. (Please ignore the early Hasbro Shadow Guard. This toy is merely a repaint of the ROTS Royal Guard and not an accurate reflection of the unique armour and attire of the character.)

TFU introduced three variations on the Royal Guard that bare consideration for 501st Membership;

• TFU ERA Royal Guard (discarded cloak, reveals TR body armour, predecessor to Crimson Empire TR body armour)

• TFU ERA Senate Guard Unlike previous senate guards, these are seen in service of the Empire. (Recall that the ROTS Senate Guardsmen are last seen being slaughtered and driven into hiding by Darth Vader for being loyal to the Republic after Palpatine assumes the title of Emperor. SW: Republic 78, the Rise of Vader)

• The Emperor's Shadow Guard

All three armour sets are the same only with separate colour schemes; Red, Blue, and Black respectively.

EmperorsRoyalGuard.jpg

EmperorsShadowGuard.jpg

I will be looking for amour, soft goods, and the lightsabre pike matching the components above. As a preliminary suggestion of requirements I offer;

01. Helmet--same as Royal Guard movie helmet expectations

02. Chest plate front--may be based on TK armour

03. Back plate armour--unique*

04. Shoulder bell--Unique (cutting notches out of Biker Scout shoulder bells will be approved.)

05. Bracers--Unique Left and Right.

06. Abdomen plate--Unique

07. Fitted under suit top--some give, not skin tight

08. Gloves--plain

09. Belt Buckle--Standard Imperial Issue

10. Belt--Unique with trim lines above and below

11. Kama--simple and undorned.

12. Trousers--cut to allow freedom of movement--not skin tight

13. Full-height plain pull-up (laceless) boots

14. Shin armour--Unique, similar to Jango shin armour but sized to fit around boots with straps.

15. Metatarsal amour--Jango metatarsal amour might work for this.

16. Lightsabre pike--the image above is an excellent diagram of the weapon.

Of the three reviewed in the past year, one has been approved, under TR Royal Guard; Emperor's Shadow Guard* (As listed in the CRL, 2008).

For reasons unknown, the member with the approved costume has never submitted images to be added to his profile.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

Just cause I had a wild hair to come to FE.

25946_1340834033496_1010521356_30969896_7564298_n.jpg

In other news A dutch has gone "red" and a member of Carida Is doing a Shadow.