bdh1138

Revan CRL questions and build WIP

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I've been looking at doing a Revan build and looking over the updated CRL, and I had a couple questions about how much room there is for interpreting the reference materials as long as the finished product looks like the game character. Specifically I'm wondering about the armor and the cowl/hood. For the armor, features are frequently described as "ridges", and I can definitely see areas where the game model is shaded to suggest this despite the flat geometry beneath. However, some of the markings, particularly on the upper portion of the cuirass, look more like engraved lines than raised strips to me. Is that an acceptable way of representing them, or do they all need raised edges?

For my other question, I feel like the line of piping on the shirt could also be taken as a seam where the fully enclosed cowl tucks back under and is affixed to the shirt. Again, I'm wondering if that would be a valid way of representing the feature as long as it *is* represented in the costume. 

Thanks in advance for any advice with these :-D

I picked up some muslin and black cotton twill to start on the soft goods the other day, and tonight I started patterning the skirt. I'm pretty happy with the general look, but before proceeding, I wanted to double check whether there's an exact number of pleats required. It looks like about 6 on each side to me, but I just wanted to be sure. 

77WWvxn.jpg

I wanted to add that the references in the game are supported by the 3D references such as statues and figures.

Also, no, there is no official number of pleats, so long as they are in the split skirt style and not a solid skirt all around.