sgomez

Starting Seventh Sister: Looking for 501st Approval

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to start my Seventh Sister and am going for 501st approval and have looked at a few vendors and wanted to know if y'all are aware if they're 501st approvable. In addition, any thoughts on getting armor and helmet from separate vendors? I'm hearing that there's a risk of the paint not matching, which would mean not getting approved. Any additional help or potential vendors is very appreciated!

Helmet: https://www.etsy.com/listing/636680821/seventh-sister-sith-inquisitor-helmet?show_sold_out_detail=1

Armor: Bulldog Props (using a new material HIIPS and working on it now) https://www.facebook.com/groups/2024857891089043/permalink/2094794837428681/

Soft parts: https://www.instagram.com/p/BdWrJRUjhSL/

Still looking for solution on boots, so any thoughts/comments welcome! Y'all are the best <3 

I am not sure of the vendor name, but David Skarratts in the FB Sister group worked with me to get his sculpt for the helmet to 501st standards. The quality of the actual cast or the armor, I am not sure of, but I know pretty much every publicly available SS helmet cast and file have inaccuracies from what I have seen.

• Like 1

I have purchased that helmet two years ago, but I can't get my GML to approve it, as the size (at least for me) is off and some of the details are slightly inaccurate. I received a 3dprinted dome that is scaled to my head size, but as Nina already mentioned above, most of the files have inaccuracies, as does the helmet we're trying to finish.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of things that are inconsistent, and it all depends on the GML. Do you know who a GML would kick it to here if they're unsure? Would be great to get their opinion on it as well!

Nina, I saw that one too and was working with him for a bit, but thought I had seen another post that his wasn't approvable. Sounds like it's all very subjective and risky haha

3 hours ago, sgomez said:

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of things that are inconsistent, and it all depends on the GML. Do you know who a GML would kick it to here if they're unsure? Would be great to get their opinion on it as well!

Nina, I saw that one too and was working with him for a bit, but thought I had seen another post that his wasn't approvable. Sounds like it's all very subjective and risky haha

He wasn't in his previous castings. After a member of my Garrison bought his stuff and showed me what it looked like, she went back to him and he contacted me to get the helmet fixed.  Since then, his new helmets are a LOT better.