• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lipstick for KOTR II Version

Lorelei

My Visas Marr is done except I didn’t buy lipstick.  I’m in the US.  Is there any particular  shade and brand that meets the CRL?  I plan on going to my local Sephora and CVS tonight after work and compare the CRL photo on my phone with what’s in the store.  My complexion is extremely pale and translucent Caucasian and my natural lips are pale red.

I took a scrap of my dress fabric with me and tried to color match the lipstick to the fabric. It doesn’t have to be an exact match, but get a strong shade of dark red. 

I bought one of the 24-hour lipstick combos (lipstick plus topcoat), since I wanted staying power for troops. That’s a personal preference, not a requirement. 

Im looking forward to seeing your Visas!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I took a scrap of my dress fabric with me and tried to color match the lipstick to the fabric. It doesn’t have to be an exact match, but get a strong shade of dark red. 

I bought one of the 24-hour lipstick combos (lipstick plus topcoat), since I wanted staying power for troops. That’s a personal preference, not a requirement. 

Im looking forward to seeing your Visas!

I ordered a Senegence 24 hour with the gloss, too, but it hasn’t arrived yet and I want to take advantage of the good weather this weekend and have my husband take my photos.  The only photos I have right now are of me where I just threw the costume on real quick on Wednesday night when the costume arrived  to check the fit.  I’ll share the nice photos here this weekend.

I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures. 

The extra lipstick can be useful as a backup, in case your favorite one goes missing. It’s a running joke between me and my husband that one of us will not have a vital part of our costume when we arrive at a troop. 

55 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures. 

The extra lipstick can be useful as a backup, in case your favorite one goes missing. It’s a running joke between me and my husband that one of us will not have a vital part of our costume when we arrive at a troop. 

The lipstick drove me crazy when my husband took my approval photos on Sunday.  I put it on so dark, yet in my original set of photos (in front of the blue blanket) it doesn’t look like I have any on at all!  So I smeared a ton of it on and even though my teeth had chunks of Vaseline on them, all of my teeth were red and pink so I did a closed-mouth smile for my bucket off photo.  Below is the link to the photos I submitted.  I understand there may be a significant issue with the costume, which someone else here in the Flagship Eclipse sent me a personal message about.  We are going to wait and see what my Garrison GML says.  Someone in my Garrison who is not the GML but was my costume advisor when I was joining thought something might be said about the light saber.  So I dunno.  I cried twice already even though I haven’t heard anything from the Garrison GML yet because that’s just how I am.  I am both hopeful and planning any potential corrective actions at the same time so I am not crushed no matter what the GML comes back and says.  I am very thankful for the love I am feeling here at the Flagship Eclipse.

http://imgur.com/a/c8ipYOw

On 10/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, Lorelei said:

The lipstick drove me crazy when my husband took my approval photos on Sunday.  I put it on so dark, yet in my original set of photos (in front of the blue blanket) it doesn’t look like I have any on at all!  So I smeared a ton of it on and even though my teeth had chunks of Vaseline on them, all of my teeth were red and pink so I did a closed-mouth smile for my bucket off photo.  Below is the link to the photos I submitted.  I understand there may be a significant issue with the costume, which someone else here in the Flagship Eclipse sent me a personal message about.  We are going to wait and see what my Garrison GML says.  Someone in my Garrison who is not the GML but was my costume advisor when I was joining thought something might be said about the light saber.  So I dunno.  I cried twice already even though I haven’t heard anything from the Garrison GML yet because that’s just how I am.  I am both hopeful and planning any potential corrective actions at the same time so I am not crushed no matter what the GML comes back and says.  I am very thankful for the love I am feeling here at the Flagship Eclipse.

http://imgur.com/a/c8ipYOw

Your lightsaber should be fine. It is silver with a banded pattern around the emitter. 

I never wear lipstick, so I went through several different ones before settling on the one I now use.  I absolutely hate getting the color on my teeth! (Which is precisely why I don’t normally wear lipstick.)

If the GML finds a problem, we will help you fix it.  :)

• Like 1